My Human

Alaric

Fuck!

Fuck!

Fuck!

Running both hands through my hair, I paced up and down outside of the bunker where the hunter was being held.

My mate.

My human mate.

Fuck!

"Alaric, calm down." Dad's voice was steady, almost soothing. My wolf was pacing in my mind, urging me to go back into the bunker, back to the handsome human tied to the chair in there. To see him. To smell him. His scent was gorgeous ... like the woodlands. Pinecones. Bark. Earth.

Fucking perfect.

Fuck!

My footsteps crunched on the woodland floor, my shoes stepping over twigs and fallen leaves. Although I was still dressed in only my shorts and t-shirt, I didn't really feel the cool wind as it blew between the trees, brushing against branches and teasing my hair.

How the fuck could I have two mates?

Two?

What the actual fuck?

Was the Moon Goodess having a fucking laugh right now? Not only did she give me a mate that my father wouldn't approve of, she had to go and make it two!

Raising my eyes skywards, I silently cursed Selene and her twisted ways. She may find humour in all this, but I certainly fucking didn't.

My wolf started panting, howling, pacing ... he wanted to get to his mate. Any one of them.

Taking a deep breath, I ran my hands through my messy hair once more, feeling my heart beating fiercely against my ribs, trying to ignore my wolf making loud noises in my head. He really wasn't helping.

"Alaric." My father stood next to me, his hand squeezing my shoulder. "It's going to be alright, son."

Was it?

Dad thought I had only one mate. This human.

He didn't know about Radley.

Oh, Radley.

Earlier, I hadn't wanted to leave him at the mansion. I had loved having him on my arm, in my arms, this morning. Enjoyed giving him all of my attention. I had wanted to show him off, walk around the pack with him. My lips tingled with the memory of our kiss, with my wolf urging me to run to him for a repeat performance.

After speaking with Claudia and with Radley ... I believed that they hadn't had any visitors last night. And the relief that had coursed through my body after finding this out ... Only a short time ago, I had thought that the pain in my chest was caused by Radley ... pleasuring himself. Experiencing an orgasm without me.

My wolf panted at the thought and I felt a hard throb shoot through my body as an image of Radley, stroking himself, flitted across my mind.

Shaking my head, I cursed my wolf. Fucking horn dog.

Concentrate.

Could that chest pain have been caused by this human instead? Now that my wolf thought he was my mate, too ... did this guy have sex with someone last night? He was human, after all. He wouldn't be expecting to meet his soul mate. Humans weren't taught that. Not like us wolves.

Wait ... did that mean that Radley had felt the pain last night, too? Well, I guess he would have if he had a wolf. I still hadn't had that clarified.

Fuck!