My Heat

Alaric

Hot.

So fucking hot.

Wiping a hand across my forehead, I paused next to a wide tree trunk to throw off my t-shirt and strip out of my shorts. The cold night time air teasing my bare skin did little to cool me off ... I was burning up.

Hotter.

Running a hand through my hair, I winced slightly as my fingers brushed through the damp strands.

Fuck.

My wolf howled, growing impatient with me, hating the fact that I'd stopped. He was urging me to run, to get to my mate.

Either of them.

He was angry that I'd run away from one, but I had all intentions of running towards the other one.

Radley.

My wolf panted at the mere mention of Radley's name, pushing against the edges of my mind, shoving me in the direction of Radley's house.

Glancing down, I sighed when I saw my lower body standing erect. My wolf simply whimpered, feeling just as horny as I was.

Fucking rut.

As if I wasn't confused enough with finding out that I had two mates ... my wolf chose now to force me into a rut. I was pretty sure it was because he'd met his mates ... now he just wanted to mate with them.

Both of them, if he could. At the same fucking time.

Groaning at the dirty images that passed through my mind, I pressed my back against the cool bark of the tree trunk, wincing as my wolf whined loudly in my mind. Very fucking loudly.

Only earlier I'd thought that the pain in my chest, that crippling ache last night, had been because Radley had been pleasuring himself ... having an orgasm without me. Apparently, the goddess wanted mates to experience pleasure together. Or so my mother told me.

And I'd forgiven Radley for it. I mean, he was a guy. I knew it wasn't unusual. But once I'd made the decision to let him in, I just ... couldn't keep my hands to myself. I had wanted to keep touching him, feeling his body against mine, wanting to bury my nose in his hair and breathe him in.

Walking with him around the town, I found that I was happy to have him on my arm, to show him off. I knew the other pack members were surprised to see us together, but they would come around to the idea of seeing him with me. Especially if I made it a regular thing.

And it was then that I'd decided I would accept him. Bring him into my life, my house, my bed. Teach him the ways of the pack, bring his wolf out of him. Although I still wasn't certain if he had one. I would find out either way. Even if he was wolfless after all of this, I would still love him.

Of course, I would announce my decision to my parents. To the whole pack.

Radley was mine. And everyone was going to know about it.

But then I met the human hunter that had been found on our pack's lands ... and my wolf had nearly lost it in the bunker when he'd seen him for the first time. If it hadn't been for Dad dragging me outside ...

Oh shit.

My wolf howled and pushed against my mind. He wanted to run. And I was too tired, too hot, too wound up, to refuse him.

Stepping away from the tree, I felt him push forward, forcing my limbs to contort, crack and twist as I shifted into his form. Pain erupted across my body, my back hurting, my chest squeezing.