His Surprise

Alaric

He tasted as sweet as he looked.

My lips brushed against Radley's, pulling a soft groan from him, causing my wolf to start panting, his tail thumping.

This ... this was what I wanted.

My hands found their way back into his soft thick hair, brushing through it, feeling the strands weave in between my fingers. His lean body was pressed against mine, his back was pushed against the wall of the hallway behind him, his hands fisting in my t-shirt.

His scent filled my nose ... rosewood and citrus.

Gorgeous.

Pulling back with a gasp, I stepped away from him, dropping my hands to my sides, taking in his dishevelled appearance, red cheeks, pink lips, wide eyes.

Breathless.

We were both panting.

My heart was hammering against my ribs while my wolf was urging me closer to him, to kiss him once more, remind him whose mate he was.

He knew we were mates, right?

He stared at me, his hands reaching behind to clutch at the wall, almost as if he was steadying himself. He sucked his bottom lip into his mouth and my wolf whined, wanting to nibble on that lip.

So did I.

Flustered. Nervous. Dishevelled.

He looked so goddamn cute.

Innocent.

So why was he having sex with someone else last night?

"Radley?" Claudia's voice cut through the air, forcing us both to look towards the kitchen door.

Claudia was standing in the doorway, her head cocked to the side, a questioning look on her face. Her eyes shifted to me and she raised her brows.

"Alaric." She sounded surprised. I didn't blame her. I hadn't planned on coming here myself. But here I was. "What are you doing here?"

Well, nice to see you too, Claudia.

Gritting my teeth, I glanced at Radley. He still looked stunned, although he had taken a step away from the wall.

Looking back over at Claudia, I noticed her eyes shift from me, to Radley, and then back to me again. Had she seen us kissing?

Taking a breath, I smiled at her, deciding right now that I really didn't care if she did. "I'm here to take Radley out for a bit. Take him into town or for a tour around the mansion. Get him out of the house."

Her eyebrows shot up again, and her eyes flew to Radley. "You never said anything to me."

Peering at Radley, I saw the colour drain from his face as his adam's apple bobbed. He wasn't expecting me to say that.

Chuckling, I played along with my own little lie. "You forgot to tell Claudia, didn't you?" I cocked my head as Radley's eyes moved to me, a frown on his cute face.

After talking with my mother last night, I felt ... wired. Pissed off. Angry. Frustrated. I hadn't been able to fall back to sleep. My wolf had been restless, wanting to find who Radley had been with last night, and wanting to tear them in two. He had kept pacing in my mind, driving me mad.

And this morning ... all I had wanted to do was run. Anywhere. I hadn't shifted into my wolf. Didn't trust him. He was like a wild animal right now. He could have done anything if I had let him out.