Chapter 6

Third person's pov

As Jungkook completed preparing lunch, a wave of exhaustion crashed over him, forcing him to sink into a chair, his breaths heavy and labored.  Determined to conceal his fatigue, he attempted to steady his breath, only to succumb to a fit of coughing that rattled through his weakened frame.

Cautiously regaining composure, he rose from the chair, sumoning strength, he called out to the others, the weariness apparent in his voice. "Taemin, Hye-joon, Taehyung, lunch is ready."

His call echoed through the house, and within moments, Taemin and Hye-joon appeared in the dining area,

Jungkook gestured towards the dining table. "let's eat."

Taehyung joined them, his eyes narrowing as he observed Jungkook

Taehyung joined them, his eyes narrowing as he observed Jungkook. "You look pale. Are you feeling alright?"

Jungkook forced a reassuring smile. "Just a bit tired. Let's eat."

They all sat down on their chairs.

As Hye-joon took her first bite, her expression twisted in apparent dissatisfaction. "Eomma, this is so bland. Did you even use any seasoning?" she complained, pushing her plate away.

Jungkook, despite his exhaustion, maintained composure. "It's a simple, healthy meal. I didn't want to overload it with alot of seasoning," he replied,

Taehyung added, "It's fine, Hye-joon. Your Eomma put effort into making this meal. Just eat it."

Hye-joon rolled her eyes. "Appreciation for tasteless food? I doubt it."

Jungkook sighed inwardly and looked at Taemin, who had been mostly silent. "Taemin, how does it taste for you?" he asked.

Taemin, preoccupied with his phone, barely glanced up. "It's alright, I guess. Not the best," he mumbled,

Jungkook's patience wore thin. "Well, since you all have such refined taste buds, I will see how you both cook." he said.

Hye-joon and Taemin scoffed.

After 1 hour.........

In the dimly lit room, Jungkook lay on the bed, his body aching with fatigue.  Summoning what little strength remained, he called out to Taemin,

"Taemin, can you message my legs a bit?" He asked in a gentle tone.

Taemin replied with annoyance, "Eomma, I have a lot of homework. I'll do it later."

Left alone in his room, Jungkook sighed,

As the minutes ticked away, Taehyung entered the room, his attention tethered to his phone. Jungkook hesitated before making a similar request. "Tae, can you message my legs?"

Taehyung, responded dismissively, "Why? You didn't even do anything today." He continued scrolling through his phone,

However, the subtle groans escaping Jungkook's lips pierced through Taehyung's indifference. Annoyance lingered in Taehyung's expression,