Chapter 23

Third person's pov

As Hye-joon stepped inside the house, she was immediately greeted by Taemin and Taehyung, who were both visibly worried.

"Hye-joon, where were you?" Taehyung asked, his voice laced with concern. "I called and messaged you so many times, but you didn't replied."

Hye-joon felt a bit guilty as she looked at her father's concerned face. "Appa, I'm sorry," she murmured, her voice shaky. "My phone was switched off, and I lost track of time."

She then turned away from them and hurried to her room, her heart heavy. Once inside, she collapsed onto her bed, overcome with emotion. The memories of her behavior towards Jungkook flooded her mind, and she couldn't hold back her tears.

"Why did I treat him like that?" she whispered to herself, her voice choked with regret. "How could I have been so stupid?"

Her chest tightened with regret as she replayed the moments when she had pushed Jungkook away, ignoring his love and care. The weight of her actions felt unbearable, and she sobbed uncontrollably, longing for a way to make things right.

" He w-was si-ick all al-long and I-I di-idn't knew, what kind of doctor am I ?"

"What kind o-of doctor am I?" She said, as she buried her face deeper into the pillow.

Her whole body was shaking with sobs,

As Hye-joon was crying, there came a gentle knock on the door. She quickly composed herself and called out, "Come in." Taemin entered the room, his eyes were on the floor.

"Noona, can I sleep with you ton-night?" Taemin asked softly, his voice tinged with fear.

Hye-joon couldn't help but roll her eyes at her younger brother's request. "How old are you, Taemin? Four or perhaps five?"

But Taemin's expression remained serious as he replied, "I'm scar-red, noona."

Hye-joon's demeanor softened immediately. She patted the space beside her on the bed and said, "Come here, Taemin."

Taemin hesitated for a moment before sitting beside his sister. He looked up at her with wide eyes. "What are you scared of, Taemin?" Hye-joon asked gently.

"Everything," Taemin whispered, his voice barely audible. "I'm scar-red because eomma left us. Ap-ppa is so silent. You're silent too. Ever-ryone is silent, and I feel so scar-red."

Tears welled up in Taemin's eyes, "What i-if eomma ne-ever returns, noona?" he continued, his voice trembling with fear. "I did-dn't kne-ew how much I hurt hi-im, noona. I f-feel so suffocated. What sho-ould I do? Please help me."

Unable to find the right words to comfort her brother, Hye-joon simply wrapped her arms around him in a tight embrace. She kissed the top of his head and began to stroke his hair soothingly, offering him the only form of comfort she could provide in that moment.

As Taemin continued to cry in Hye-joon's arms, Taehyung stood outside their room, watching them through the slightly opened door. Tears welled up in his eyes as he saw his children crying.

But he himself didn't had any words to comfort them, they all were at fault and they knew it.

He closed the door quietly and retreated to his own room, but sleep eluded him. He tossed and turned but he couldn't sleep.

Suddenly, a vivid flashback flooded Taehyung's mind, transporting him back to a few years ago. It was a restless night, much like tonight, and Taehyung couldn't find peace. Jungkook noticed his distress and asked,

" Tae, what's wrong ?"

Taehyung couldn't explain his feelings, but Jungkook didn't press further. Instead, he simply offered comfort.