Chapter 10

Third person's pov

"My name is Min-na a-and I am on-ne of Dr. Taehyung's patients." Mina started, her voice trembling.

Jungkook let out a sigh of relief, as Mina said that she is one of Taehyung's patients.

"I...I have le-euke-emia. I fou-und out a few days ag-go." Mina said, her voice trembling with emotion. 'My h-husband is an al-lcoh-holic and I kn-new if he find-ds out abo-out m-my ill-lness, he will thr-row me out of the ho-ouse."

Hye-joon's and Jungkook's eyes were stuck on Mina and they were listening attentively.

Mina continued, "Dr. Tae-ehyung w-was the one who c-comforted me when I told hi-im about my illness. H-He.....even off-fered to cover my medical expe-enses, whi-ich I am un-nable to affo-ord on my ow-wn."

She paused, taking a deep breath before continuing, "But 2 d-days ago, when I ret-turned home, m-my husb-band fou-und my med-dical repo-orts and w-when he saw that I had leuke-emia, he sta-trted beat-ting m-me....... wi-ith a m-metal rod...a-and then he thre-ew me o-out of t-the ho-ouse."

Jungkook's heart ached for the poor lady who was just a few years elder than him.

Mina continued, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I was s-so scare-rd a-and I did-dn't kne-ew wher-re to go. Th-he on-nly person I cou-uld thi-ink of was Dr. Taehy-yung. So I called hi-im and he came j-just af-fter a f-few min-nutes, but as he was trying to calm me down, my husba-and came out and starte-ed hitting him with the same me-etal ro-od. "

Hye-joon gasped, hearing Mina's words.

"He wa-as bleed-ding so m-much an-nd then he drag-gged me b-back to the hous-se. The la-ast thi-ing I sa-aw w-was Dr. Tae-ehyu-ung strugg-gling to get in-nto hi-is car.....T-Today my hu-usband i-is n-not a-at ho-me so I c-came to s-see if Dr. Taehyung i-is okay."

Hye-joon's fists curled up in anger, she wanted to kill Mina's husband.

After a few moments of silence, Mina spoke up again. 'Is Dr. Ta-aehyung ok-kay? "

Jungkook's voice trembled as he told Mina about Taehyung's accident. Mina's eyes widened and she immediately started apologising to Jungkook and Hye-joon.

Mina's tears continued to stream down her face. "Mina, it's no-ot your fault," he whispered softly. "You did what you thought was ri-ight in a desperate situation. No-one of this is your fault."

Hye-joon nodded in agreement,  "Aunt, we won't let your husband get away with what he's done. We'll make sure he faces the consequences for his actions. You have our full support." Her voice carried a sense of determination,

Mina's sobs began to subside slightly as she looked up at Jungkook and Hye-joon, gratitude evident in her eyes. "Than-nk you," she whispered hoarsely. "Than-nk you so m-much for every-ything." Her words were filled with emotion, a mix of relief, gratitude, and lingering fear.

Jungkook gently wiped away Mina's tears, " D-Don't cry."

As Mina began to calm down, Jungkook and Hye-joon stayed by her side, offering support and comfort.

After sometime as Mina calmed down, Hye-joon along with Mina went to the police station to file a complaint against Mina's husband.

Mina's hand trembled slightly as she held onto Hye-joon's arm, her heart still racing with fear and uncertainty. Hye-joon, however, remained steadfast, as she guided Mina through the process of filing a complaint against her husband.

Inside the station, they were met by a police officer who listened attentively as Mina told her story.

Finally, as the complaint was officially filed and the necessary paperwork completed, a sense of relief washed over Mina. With Hye-joon by her side, she felt comforted and relieved.