Chapter 34

Third person's pov

As Jungkook finished reading Taehyung's diary, he sat there in stunned silence. He felt really numb

He couldn't accept the fact that he had actually hurt Taehyung....

His brain was couldn't accept his own mistakes.

"It was not my fault," Jungkook muttered to himself, "Really... no..."

He set the diary aside, his hands trembling slightly. For a moment, he sat completely still, lost in thought. Then, with a shake of his head, he began to speak aloud, as if trying to convince himself of something.

"He is insecure... I didn't mean to hurt him, so I didn't do anything wrong..." Jungkook's words were filled with uncertainty,

But deep down, he knew the truth.

"He is insecure, it's all his fault, everything," Jungkook continued, his voice growing more desperate with each word. "I couldn't have done anything differently..."

Despite his attempts to shift the blame onto Taehyung, Jungkook couldn't shake the nagging feeling that he had played a role in their strained relationship. He was trapped in a cycle of denial, unable to accept his own mistakes.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, " Can I come in?" Taehyung's voice came from behind the door.

" Come in," Jungkook replied as he quickly wiped his tears.

Soon the door opened with a "klink" and Taehyung stepped inside the room.

Taehyung's eyes met Jungkook's, and for a moment, neither of them said anything. It was Taehyung who broke the silence.

'Are you done reading the diary?' Taehyung asked, his voice soft and gently.

Jungkook gave a big sniff and nodded, not trusting himself to speak. Taehyung walked towards the couch, his eyes never leaving his husband's face.

'Can we talk?' Taehyung asked, moving closer to Jungkook.

Jungkook hesitated for a moment before nodding. Taehyung sat down beside him. For the next few minutes, both of them couldn't even utter a word.

Finally, Jungkook took a deep breath and spoke. 'You sh-houldn't have been this insecu-ure when you knew th-hat I only love-ed you.'

Taehyung sighed and turned to face Jungkook. 'You.......made me insecure,' he said, his voice laced with hurt.

"You could have told me to stop," Jungkook said, trying his best to avoid Taehyung's gaze.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook, and the hurt in his eyes was replaced by frustration. 'I did, didn't I?' he said, his voice still low. 'But you always said I was overreacting and being over-possessive.'

Jungkook's chest tightened at the memory. He had dismissed Taehyung's words so many times, thinking that he was just being jealous and irrational. PHe felt a lump form in his throat as he thought about all the times he had hurt Taehyung with his actions.

But he still didn't wanted to accept it.

'Do you know how I felt?' Taehyung continued, his voice breaking. 'I felt so low. Every time you chose Eunwoo over me, it felt a-as if I am noth-ting to you.'

Tears started streaming down Taehyung's face, and Jungkook was at a loss for words. He wanted to tell Taehyung that he was wrong, that he was everything to him. But he couldn't bring himself to speak.

Finally, he managed to say, 'Ta-ae...Tae...I don't know.'

Taehyung let out a bitter chuckle, wiping the tears from his eyes. 'You fucking ignored me and treated me like I was nothing,' he said, his voice trembling with emotion.