Chapter 28

Third person's pov

After the chemotherapy session, the nurses gently helped Jungkook to his room. His body was weak and his steps were unsteady as he walked down the hallway.

Mrs. Jeon, was close behind, worry etched on her face. She kept her hand on Jungkook's back. Mr. Jeon was also right beside them, holding onto Jungkook's other hand, providing a sense of strength. Yoongi and Taehyung also followed behind closely.

As they entered the room, Jungkook immediately went to lay down on the bed, his muscles trembling with exhaustion. He let out a soft groan as he settled onto the pillows, his body still aching from the effects of the chemotherapy. The room was quiet except for Jungkook's soft whimpers.

The nurse in charge of Jungkook's care entered the room, carrying a tray with a syringe and a small vial. She approached Jungkook's bed and smiled kindly at him, 'Okay Mrs. Kim, I'm going to give you an injection to help reduce the pain,' she said soothingly as she prepared the syringe.

"It may sting a little, but it will make you feel much better."

Jungkook nodded weakly and closed his eyes and braced himself as the nurse gently inserted the needle into his arm. A small hiss escaped his lips as the medicine was injected, but he felt immediate relief as the pain subsided. He let out a sigh and opened his eyes,

'Now, I want you to rest,' the nurse said as she put away the syringe. 'Your body needs time to heal from the treatment.'

With that, she exited the room, leaving Jungkook with his family. Jungkook let out another soft groan, his body still feeling weak and tender from the chemotherapy. His mother sat on the edge of the bed and tenderly stroked his hair, trying to comfort him.

'It's okay, sweetheart. It's going to be okay,' she whispered, her voice filled with love and concern.

Jungkook's father sat on the other side of the bed, his hand still holding onto Jungkook's. He leaned closer and placed a gentle kiss on his son's forehead. "We're here for you, son," he said, his voice filled with love for his youngest son. "The pain will end soon."

Taemin and Hye-joon were standing silently on one side.

With a gentle touch, Yoongi caressed Jungkook's hair, his fingers tracing comforting patterns.

"Jungkook, you're tougher than you know," Yoongi whispered, his voice soft. "This pain won't last forever, my brother will soon feel completely okay."

He leaned in closer, his eyes filled with tears. "Remember, we're all here for you, every step of the way."

As Jungkook winced in discomfort again, Yoongi's touch became lighter, his movements tender. "Try to sleep, bun and when you wake up, you will feel much better."

Hye-joon approached Jungkook's bedside, her eyes filled with worry. "Eom-mma, how a-are you feel-ling?" she asked softly, reaching out to hold his hand.

Jungkook withdrew his hand gently, his expression tired. "I'm alive," he replied, his voice was not more than a mere whisper.

Taehyung also moved closer, "Jungkook, I just—" he began, but Jungkook interrupted him.

"Please," Jungkook said, his tone pleading. "I'm tired. I don't want to hear any fake concerns right now."

Yoongi, standing nearby, stepped in. "Taehyung, get out," he said firmly. "He needs to rest."

Jungkook's gaze flickered to Taehyung before he spoke again. "Not only Taehyung, Hye-joon and Taemin too, please go out," he requested, his voice tinged with exhaustion.