Chapter 26

Third person's pov

The next day, the jeon family was in Jungkook's room, waiting for the doctor to come in and give them update about Jungkook's condition depending on the tests.

Just then, there was a knock on the door and the doctor walked in, followed by a nurse who was carrying a folder. 'Good evening, everyone,' the doctor greeted with a smile.

'Doctor, how is our son?' Mrs. Jeon asked, her voice shaking with emotion.

The doctor's expression turned sympathetic as he opened the folder. 'Jungkook's leukemia has progressed to a critical stage,' he said. 'He needs to start his chemotherapy as soon as possible.'

A wave of silence swept through the family members.

Mrs. Jeon closed her eyes and squeezed Jungkook's hand, " It's okay, love." She whispered softy looking at him.

Jungkook looked at her with doe eyes which were filled with tears, but he still managed a small smile and a gentle nod of reassurance.

'It's a long and arduous process,' the doctor explained. 'It will require multiple cycles of treatment, each lasting for several weeks. He will also need to take medication to support his immune system and manage the side effects of chemotherapy.'

Mr. Jeon clasped his hands together. 'How so-oon can we start the treatment?'

"As soon as we can," the doctor replied. "Now, let me explain the chemotherapy process in a bit more detail. The first cycle will be the most intensive one, where we will be giving  him medication through an IV for several hours each day. After that, the subsequent cycles will be a combination of oral medications and occasional IV infusion. He will also need to undergo regular blood tests to monitor his progress," he said, giving Jungkook a gentle pat on his back.

" Now, I will take my leave and Mrs. Kim you will have to go though a number of tests for tomorrow's session." Saying this the doctor exited the room.

And soon nurse came in to prep Jungkook for his tests. 'Alright, Mrs. Kim, let's get you ready for your tests. We need to take some blood samples and run a few other tests before your chemotherapy tomorrow,' she said with a smile.

Jungkook nodded and rolled up his sleeve as the nurse placed a tourniquet around his arm and searched for a suitable vein. He braced himself for the sharp prick of the needle but was taken aback when he felt a pinch instead.

" You did so well, Jungkookie," Mr. Jeon praised Jungkook with a cracked voice which he tried to make as cheerful as possible.

" I am not a child anymore that I will be scared of needles appa," Jungkook said in a joyful voice to make his family smile a little.

But his voice was clearly not matching his eyes or expressions.

After a few more vials were filled, the nurse removed the tourniquet and bandaged his arm.

'Alright, that's done. Now, we need to do an EKG and an X-ray,' the nurse said, handing him a gown.

Jungkook quickly changed and settled himself on the hospital bed, trying to keep his mind occupied. The EKG was quick and painless, but the X-ray was a bit more uncomfortable as he had to hold his breath while the machine took images of his chest and abdomen.

After completing the tests, Jungkook returned to his hospital room, his body feeling weary from the procedures he had just undergone. With the assistance of the nurses, he settled onto the bed,

Mrs. Jeon rushed to his side and leaned down, pressing a gentle kiss to Jungkook's forehead, her touch comforting in its familiarity.

"Are you feeling okay, sweetheart?" she asked, her voice soft with worry.