Chapter 7

Third person's pov

The next day at the hospital, Taehyung was going through some patient reports in his office when there was a soft knock on the door. He looked up, and a woman named Mina entered, clutching a set of medical reports.

Taehyung greeted her with a warm smile.

" Good morning, how can I help you?"

Mina, with eyes welled up with tears, introduced herself with shaky voice,
" M-My nam-me is Park Mina."

She handed over the reports to Taehyung, who instinctively began reviewing them.

As his eyes scanned the details, a subtle change in Taehyung's expression revealed a momentary realization. He looked at Mina and gently said, "You have.....leukemia."

Mina nodded, her tears silently streaming down her cheeks. Taehyung shifted into a comforting role. "Mina, don't worry. We'll do our best to provide you with the necessary treatment. Our hospital has a dedicated team for cases like yours."

Amidst her sobs, Mina said, "D-Doctor, my hus-sband is an alc-coholic. If he find-ds out about my cond-dition, h-he'll throw m-me out of the ho-ouse."

Taehyung listened empathetically, offering a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Mina, you're not alone in this. Do you have any family or friends who can be there for you?"

Mina hesitated before sharing, "I h-have fou-ur children—thr-ree sons and one da-aughter. But the-ey've all be-een busy with their ow-wn lives. I hav-ven't seen the-em in four yea-ars."

Taehyung felt genuinely bad fpr the poor lady. He poured her a glass of water and gently said, "Mina, our hospital will make sure you recive the best care."

" D-Do-octor, I d-do-on't e-even ha-ave mon-ney for the tr-reatm-ment."

Taehyung took a deep breath and thought for sometime before replying,  "Don't worry about the treatment fees. I will take care of it."

Mina's eyes widened, " D-Docto-or?"

Mina, with tears streaming down her face, repeatedly expressed her gratitude to Taehyung. "Tha-ank yo-ou, thank yo-uu so much, Do-octor Ki-im," she whispered between sobs.

After reassuring Mina and providing her with the necessary information, Taehyung watched her leave his office. The weight of her situation lingered in the air, and Taehyung couldn't shake the mix of emotions that had settled within him.

As the door closed behind Mina, Taehyung took a moment to collect his thoughts.

After a few hours.......

It was evening and time for Taehyung and hye-joon to get off work. Taehyung had plans to meet a friend, and they decided to go in separate cars.

Back at home, Hye-joon entered the house and flopped onto the sofa and closed her eyes feeling tired. Jungkook who was siting on the opposite sofa, approached her.

"Where is Taehyung?" Jungkook asked gently, looking around.

Hye-joon, her gaze fixed on an indistinct point, responded curtly, "He had some work to do. He will come later."

Jungkook, nodded in acknowledgment.

Seeing hye-joon constantly groan, Jungkook said, "Should I get water for you?"

Hye-joon, let out a sigh and replied with a hint of frustration, "You should have done it before."

Jungkook, sighed in response. He retraced his steps to the kitchen, he picked up a glass and pour water into it.