Chapter 16

Third person's pov

After the doctor's appointment, Jungkook made his way to the nearby cafe.

Jungkook sat alone in the corner of the cozy café, his mind heavy with the weight of his recent conversation with the doctor. As he waited for his coffee to arrive, he suddenly got a message from Eunwoo.

He opened the message from Eunwoo and read it carefully, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. Despite everything he was going through, it was comforting to know that he had a friend who cared about him.

" Hey kookie! How are you and how did the doctor's appointment go ?

He typed out a reply, his fingers tapping on the screen. "Hey, Eunwoo, I am okay" he began, "The appointment was fine, the doctor and I had a conversation about the chemotherapy sessions."

Soon the waitress arrived with Jungkook's coffee.

As he waited for Eunwoo's response, Jungkook took a sip of his coffee, savoring the rich, bitter taste as it warmed him from the inside out.

After a few moments, his phone buzzed with a new message from Eunwoo. "Good to hear that the appointment went fine. Just message me anytime you need to hmm, I am here for you. ❤"

Jungkook felt a lump form in his throat as he read Eunwoo's words.

"Thanks, woonie," he replied, " It means a lot to me. And yeah, things are tough right now, but I'm trying to stay positive and take things one day at a time. How are you ?"

As he waited for Eunwoo's response, Jungkook took another sip of his coffee,

Eunwoo's reply came quickly, his words filled with warmth, "I'm doing okay, kook," he wrote. " But seriously, if you ever need someone to talk to or just hang out with, I'm here for you. Like always. "

Jungkook smiled as he read Eunwoo's message, feeling a sense of comfort wash over him.

"Now don't make me cry with your words," he typed a reply to Eunwoo, "I'm grateful to have a friend like you. Let's catch up soon, okay? "

As he sent the message, Jungkook felt a sense of relief wash over him. He took a deep breath and set the phone aside,

After 10 minutes, Jungkook finished his coffee and now he was going to the ATM to withdraw some money.

Jungkook's heart raced as he approached the ATM machine and heard the commotion nearby. Without hesitation, he followed the sound, his senses sharpening as he drew closer. His frown deepened as he recognized the familiar tone of a girl's voice. It was hye-joon's voice.

" Hye-joon ?" He mumbled to himself.

As he rounded the corner, his worst fears were confirmed. There, in front of him, was Hye-joon, struggling against the grip of a boy. Jungkook's blood boiled with rage as he rushed forward.

"Hye-joon!" he called out, his voice cutting through the chaos. "Are you okay?"

Hye-joon's eyes widened in relief as she spotted Jungkook. Without a moment's hesitation, she broke free from the boy's grasp and ran towards her mother,

"Eomma, he won't leav-ve me alone," she cried, her voice trembling with fear.

Jungkook's eyes narrowed as he turned his attention to the boy, his expression darkening with anger. "Leave her alone," he commanded, his voice firm and commanding.

The boy scoffed, taking a step back but still wearing a menacing smirk. "Mind your own business, old man," he sneered,

Jungkook's jaw clenched as he took a step forward, his fists tightening at his sides. "She's my daughter," he growled, his voice low and dangerous. "And you will not lay a hand on her again."