Chapter Ten - Let Me Kiss You

TIMOTHEE'S POV:

Curtis: Tell me what's your so urgent.

Timothee : Don't you already know?

Curtis: Obviously I know. But yet I wanna hear it from you.

Timothee: You devil's pawn!  I need your help!

Curtis: sure but which kinda help?

Timothee: Like seriously buddy?

Curtis laughed out loudly.
Curtis: I am your best friend Tim.  I can do whatever I want. Hahahaha.

Timothee: Ughrrr!  Tell me, do you think I'm falling for her?

Curtis: no doubt you are!

Timothee: you understood about whom I'm talking?

Curtis: Now are you serious man? haha!! Who else! Your lil miss Young!

I smiled, 'He got it Right man!'

Timothee: I also felt that! Maybe I've started Loving her! Isn't it?? But, Will she love me back?

Curtis  brusted into laughter.

Timothee:  what's so funny! Don't laugh man! I never felt like this way before! And you know that very well!!

Curtis: hey I'm really happy for you buddy! I think you should ask her out! Everything will fall in place then.

Timothee : you know man, how terrible I am when it comes about love, proposal, connection and bla bla bla!!

Curtis again laughed!
C

urtis: As a common friend to both of you, It's my duty! I'll definitely help you both! But you've to take the first step!

Timothee : AND HOW??

Curtis: calm down calm down! Are you even giving me the opportunity to talk? First, chill! Then think peacefully!

Timothee: I wanna propose her asap! And we will need preparation!

Curtis: Tell me why? Are you guys getting engaged? You're just asking her out!! It's just a proposal!

I nodded nervously..

Timothee: Yet man I'm nervous! I'm always nervous around her!

Curtis: Comm'n buddy! Chill!!

AFTER FEW DAYS

THIRD PERSON'S POV :

Amaya with her whole family was planning of a long trip. From last few days, that was the only thought draining Timothee's heart. A long separation!

The clock struck midnight, its chimes echoing through the stillness of his apartment. Sleep eluded him, replaced by a nervous energy that buzzed beneath his skin. He couldn't wait, not even another minute, let alone a week. Amaya's face, bathed in the soft glow of his phone screen, swam before his eyes. He dialed, his heart hammering against his ribs.

Her sleepy voice, husky with slumber, answered. "Tim? What's wrong?"

"Can you come outside?" he blurted, his voice thick with urgency. "I'm downstairs."

Silence stretched between them, then, a hesitant, "Okay."

He paced the sidewalk, the cool night air barely registering through his rising anxiety. Every rustle of leaves, every distant car horn sent his pulse spiking.

Then, he saw her. Amaya, her hair tousled, a sleepy smile playing on her lips. The sight of her, bathed in the moonlight, stole his breath.

"Tim, what's going on?" she asked, concern etching lines on her forehead.

"There's something I need to tell you," he said, his voice raspy. "Something important."

He took a step closer, his hand hovering near hers. "Look, I know this might seem crazy, and maybe I should wait, but..." He trailed off, frustration gnawing at him.

Amaya's eyes softened. "Just tell me, Tim."

He met her gaze, his own burning with unshed emotions. "Amaya, I..." He swallowed hard, the words catching in his throat. "I think I'm falling for you."

The confession hung heavy in the air, a fragile thread connecting them. He watched her face, searching for any reaction – surprise, amusement, rejection.

Instead, a slow smile spread across her lips. "I think I might be falling for you too, Tim," she admitted, her voice barely a whisper.

Emboldened, he closed the distance between them, his hand finding hers. Her touch sent a jolt of electricity through him, erasing any lingering doubts. He cupped her face, his thumb tracing the soft curve of her cheek.

Then, he leaned in, his lips brushing hers in a tentative kiss. It was a whisper of a touch, yet it ignited a fire within him. He tasted sleep, mint toothpaste, and something uniquely Amaya – a sweet, intoxicating mix that made his head spin.

Amaya's response was immediate, a surge of warmth that melted into his. She kissed him back, her lips soft and yielding, her heart echoing the frantic rhythm of his own. The kiss deepened, a whirlwind of emotions swirling around them. The world faded away, leaving only the press of their bodies, the taste of each other, and the silent promise hanging in the air.

He finally pulled away, breathless and exhilarated. "So," he panted, a nervous smile tugging at his lips, "does that mean you'll go on a date with me, as...more than friends?"

A laugh, light and airy, escaped Amaya's lips. "Yes, Tim," she said, her eyes sparkling. "We'll go on a date. And it won't need Curtis."

He grinned, relief washing over him. "Promise?"

"Promise, my Timmy Tim Tim," she said, her voice laced with laughter.

But as they lingered in the afterglow of their kiss, a shadow fell over Timothee's heart. Amaya's impending trip loomed large, a reminder that their newfound connection was fragile, threatened by the miles that would soon separate them.

He cleared his throat, the unspoken question hanging heavy in the air. "When you come back..." he began, leaving the rest unsaid.

Amaya's smile faltered slightly. "Let's not think about that now," she said, her voice soft. "We have time, Tim. We'll figure it out."

Flashback Ends

Flashback Ends.