Chapter Eighteen - Scars Speaks Louder Than Words!!

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

The final night of their trip arrived, tinged with the bittersweetness of impending goodbyes. Timothee, hoping to create a lasting memory, chose a movie – "A Walk to Remember." He knew it was a gamble, not knowing if Atiye had seen it. Little did he know, the gamble would unearth raw emotions neither expected.

As the movie unfolded, a mirror emerged on the screen, reflecting their own journey. Like Jamie and Landon, they had walked hand-in-hand, discovering hidden joys and confronting unspoken fears. Tears welled up in Atiye's eyes, blurring the fictional characters with the emotions mirroring her own.

When the ending credits rolled, the silence in the darkened theatre was thick with unspoken feelings. Timothee, noticing her trembling lips and tear-stained cheeks, reached out and gently cupped her face.

"That was beautiful," he whispered, his voice laced with concern.

A choked sob escaped Atiye's lips. "It was," she managed, her voice thick with emotion.

He pulled her closer, offering a comforting embrace. Her head rested on his shoulder, finding solace in his warmth. In that moment, the weight of her past seemed to lessen, replaced by the quiet security of his presence.

An impulsive surge of courage coursed through her. As if drawn by an invisible thread, she leaned in, her lips meeting his in a hesitant kiss. Timothee, initially surprised, melted into the touch, his heart echoing the tenderness he felt for her.

The kiss deepened, fueled by unspoken emotions and the magic of the shared moment. His hand trailed down her arm, exploring the warmth of her skin. But as his lips touched her neck, a jolt of terror shot through Atiye. Memories, dark and unwelcome, flooded her mind – brutal hands, searing pain, the cold echo of fear.

She gasped, pulling away abruptly. Shame washed over her, leaving her breathless and trembling. Timothee, confused and concerned, met her panicked gaze. Before he could ask, she scrambled out of her seat, rushing towards the restroom, leaving behind a trail of unspoken questions and a bewildered Timothee.

He waited outside, the silence filled with his pounding heart and the unanswered kiss hanging heavy in the air. He had no idea what was wrong. What to do! He called Curtis.

Timmy: I don't know what to do!

Curt: What did you do now? Plz tell me it's not related to Atiye.

Timmy: Sadly, it is. But, wait, why are you assuming i did something wrong?

Curt: You really want me to answer that?

Timmy: Leave it. Please, don't.

Curt: Point proven. Now what happened?

Timmy: Our whole trip went well, I guess.. great. Though you know about the plane incident. But after that, everything was going so well.

Curt: I'm scared to see where this might go. Did you hurt her somehow?

Timmy: No I mean seriously,  what do you think of me?? Whatever! As I was saying, so we saw a movie today. After the movie she became quiet emotional. So I tried to comfort her.

Curt: And gou kissed her?

Timmy: Nooo!! It was she who kissed me!!

Crut: Whatttt!!!

Timmy: Yeah and then left me hanging here!

Curt: have you talked to her?

Timmy: No.... She's in the bathroom...

Curt : Wow, you're a lot dumber than i thought.

Timmy: This isnt bully timothèe time. this is HELP timothee time.

Curt: If she ran off, then there's something wrong. no one kisses then runs. You need to be there for her, you guys have been friends. for a few months now. And as I am feeling, this trip has brought you both a lot more closer. Help her to open up Tim. She has gone through a lot. Maybe you can help her to overcome! Don't let it go! Be there for her, you just need to wait for her to speak.

Tmmy: Wasn’t you the one who told me not to mess up with her?

Curt: I did! But have you guys ever listen to me? Once? And are you actually messing with her only?

Timmy: Not at all Curt. I guess I've started falling for her...

Curt: I was feeling that buddy. Well, I shared Amaya's story with Jenevi. It was her idea to send Atiye with you on this trip. She tought you both can help each other. And now, looks tlike that is what happening. Now please listen to me? Once? Don't hold yourself back Timmy. You need her as much as she needs you.

Timmy: Buddy, You're the best, I love you.

Curt: Ahh, you dumb ass. Go..