Chapter Forty Two - Beginning of Forever

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The warmth of fairy lights spilled out onto the fire escape, illuminating the quaint yellow Brooklyn brownstone like a beacon in the bustling heart of New York City. Laughter and soft chatter emanated from within, painting a picture of intimate joy. Inside, Timothee and Atiye's cozy home had transformed into a haven for their closest loved ones, celebrating their recent engagement.

Amongst the familiar faces of Timothee's family and Atiye's family, Anya stood out, radiating confidence. Timothee approached her with a warm smile, the playful glint in his eye replaced by genuine curiosity.

"Anya, lovely to see you again," he greeted, extending his hand. "Enjoying the party?"

"Absolutely," Anya replied, her smile widening. "It's wonderful to celebrate your and Atiye's happiness."

As they fell into conversation, Leo, Anya's companion, excused himself to mingle with the other guests. Timothee watched him go, noting the way he interacted with others, the comfortable ease in his demeanor.

Meanwhile, Jenevi was regaling Azize with stories of their recent Greece adventure, Curtis by her side with a bemused smile. Sofie, Curtis's ever-sharp grandmother, sat nearby, listening intently with a twinkle in her eye.

"Hey, while you guys were in Istanbul, Did you really ride a hot air balloon over Cappadocia?" Sofie asked, her voice filled with youthful curiosity.

Jenevi, never one to shy away from a dramatic flourish, threw her hands up in the air. "Oh, Grandma, it was magical! Soaring above the ancient rock formations, feeling the wind in our hair… it was like stepping into another world."

Sofie chuckled. "Sounds positively scandalous! You young people and your adventures."

Curtis, ever the peacekeeper, interjected with a laugh. "Not to worry, Grandma Regina. We kept things respectable, mostly."

Later, when the crowd thinned and conversations became more intimate, Timothee found himself standing beside Leo on the fire escape, gazing at the cityscape twinkling below.

"Beautiful view, isn't it?" Leo remarked, breaking the comfortable silence.

"It is," Timothee agreed, taking a sip of his drink. "Reminds me of Istanbul at night, all lit up."

Leo chuckled. "Funny you should mention that. Looks like you're loving it at your would be in-laws! Anya told me all about your recent trip. Sounds like it was quite an adventure besides the engagement."

Timothee smiled, a flicker of warmth in his eyes. "It was indeed. And speaking of Anya," he continued, his voice dropping to a low murmur, "you seem to make her very happy."

Leo met his gaze directly, his expression sincere. "She does the same for me. Timothee," he hesitated, then continued, "I know about your history. Anya told me and I want to assure you there are no hard feelings. I genuinely like you, and I respect what you share with Atiye."

Timothee nodded, appreciating the honesty. "The past is the past, Leo. And honestly, I'm happy to see Anya moving on, finding someone who makes her smile."

"Well, I plan on doing a lot more than just making her smile," Leo declared with a determined glint in his eyes. "I'm planning on asking her out, properly. Taking her somewhere special, showing her how much she means to me."

Timothee raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Sounds like you have a good plan."

Leo asked, " Any advice you'd like to give me? You know like from someone who's been down that road before?"

Timothee  grinned. "Just one. Be yourself, be genuine, and show her your heart. That's what matters most."

Timothee clapped him on the shoulder, a genuine smile gracing his lips. "Couldn't have said it better myself, Leo. Go for it, and good luck."

As the night wore on, Timothee found Atiye standing by the window, the soft glow of the city lights reflected in her eyes. He joined her, slipping his arm around her waist, pulling her close.

"Everything alright?" he asked softly, sensing a hint of melancholy in her demeanor.

Atiye leaned into him, a sigh escaping her lips. "It's just… seeing Anya so happy, it reminds me of how much I've missed having her close. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but she is my sister, and I want her to be happy."

Timothee understood. He cupped her face in his hands, his gaze tender. "And she will be, Atiye. With Leo, or someone else, she'll find her happiness. But remember, you have your own happiness now, one that we're building together."

He brushed a stray strand of hair from her cheek, his thumb lingering on her soft skin. "And believe me," he murmured, his voice husky with emotion, "there's nothing more important to me than that."

Atiye met his gaze, her eyes filled with love and gratitude. "I know," she whispered, rising on her tiptoes to meet his lips in a kiss that spoke volumes more than words ever could.

"Everything seems so perfect, Isn't it? " she whispered, leaning into his warmth.

"Everything I dreamed of," he replied, his voice husky with emotion. "Seeing everyone we love here, celebrating our journey… it doesn't get much better than this."

He turned her to face him, his eyes searching hers. "But again, the best part," he murmured, his voice barely a whisper, "is knowing I get to spend every day with you, creating countless more moments like this."

Atiye's eyes welled up with tears. "Me too," she choked out, pulling him into a deep, passionate kiss. The city lights twinkled around them, a silent audience to the love story unfolding beneath the vast expanse of the night sky. As they pulled away, breathless and smiling, they knew their journey had just begun, filled with the promise of countless adventures, laughter, and a love that shone brighter than all the city lights combined.