Chapter Forty - Unavailing The Happiness

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

News of Melissa and Xavier's imprisonment brought a relief in Atiye and Timothee's life, a dark cloud finally lifting from the lives of Timothee and Atiye. With the "Wonka" premiere's resounding success still ringing in their ears, a new sense of hope and excitement filled the air.

One sunny afternoon, Timothee gathered Curtis and Jenevi, his trusted confidantes, for a clandestine meeting. A mischievous glint sparkled in his eyes as he unveiled his plan: to propose to Atiye.

Jenevi squealed with delight, immediately launching into brainstorming mode for the perfect proposal. Curtis, ever the pragmatist, offered logistical support and advice. Together, they hatched a plan that promised to be both romantic and unforgettable.

Later that week, Timothee announced a trip to Istanbul, a ruse that sent shivers of anticipation down Atiye's spine. Little did she know, the trip was a meticulously crafted prelude to a life-changing moment.

Arriving in Istanbul, they were greeted by the warmth of Mehmet and Azize's embrace. After settling in, Timothee requested a private audience with both of them, his nervousness barely concealed.

Inside Mehmet's opulent mansion in Istanbul. Timothee sits nervously across from Mehmet and Azize, Atiye having been sent on an "errand."

Timothee: (takes a deep breath) Sir, Ma'am, there's something important I need to discuss.

Mehmet: (eyes twinkling) My boy, spit it out! Is it about your work? You need any kind of help? or perhaps… a certain sunflower who seems to bring sunshine wherever she goes?

Timothee: (smiles) It's about Atiye. I love her deeply, more than words can express. And… I want to marry her.

Azize: (eyes widening) Marry Atiye?

Timothee: Yes. Not now, but someday. I wanna propose her, soon. I know it might seem sudden, but our connection is real, strong. We've faced challenges together, and our love has only grown stronger. I want to spend the rest of my life making her happy.

Mehmet: (nods thoughtfully) You seem sincere, Timothee. But Atiye is precious to us. I got her after waiting for almost 22 years. We want her happiness above all else.

Timothee: I promise to cherish her, to respect her heritage, and to always support her dreams. She deserves the best, and I believe I can offer that to her.

Azize: We see how she shines when she's with you. Your love brings her joy, a joy that fills our hearts too.

To their surprise, Mehmet then chuckled, a playful glint in his eyes. "But," he declared, "before you get a 'free pass,' there's one condition."

Timothee, his heart pounding, braced himself.

"My decision is, Avvet," Mehmet announced, expecting the question to throw Timothee off guard. To his astonishment, Timothee smiled and replied with perfect Turkish, "Teşekkür ederim."

The room erupted in laughter, the tension dissolving into joyous camaraderie. Mehmet, impressed by Timothee's initiative, declared him a worthy son-in-law.

Timothee: (relief washing over him) Thank you! This means the world to me.

Azize: Now, about this proposal… any grand ideas?

Timothee: (eyes twinkling) Let's just say I have a few surprises up my sleeve. But Atiye can't know a thing!

Azize: Don't worry, we'll keep our lips sealed. Now, go enjoy some Turkish delight with your future wife! But be back before she suspects anything!

...

Atiye: This city feels different this time, Timothee. More alive, somehow.

Timothee: Maybe it's the spring air, or the delicious baklava we just had.

Atiye: (smiling) Or maybe it's just being here with you.

Timothee: (squeezes her hand) Always my favorite companion. Now, how about we find that perfect scarf you were looking for?

Unknown to Atiye, Timothee's phone buzzes with a message from Jenevi. He excuses himself to take the call, a mischievous grin playing on his lips.

Soon after Mehmet and Azize joins them. While Azize kept Atiye were busy in shopping, Timothee's scoured the bazaars with Mehmet, searching for the perfect ring, a unique blend of Turkish tradition and modern elegance. Jenevi, flown in discreetly, ensuring every detail reflected the depth of Timothee's love.

While Atiye remained blissfully unaware of Timothee's grand plan, he embarked on a whirlwind of preparations.

Atiye, oblivious to the elaborate scheme unfolding around her, savored the precious moments with her family, her heart brimming with happiness. Little did she know, her life was about to take a magical turn, orchestrated by the man who loved her more than words could express.