Chapter Firty One - Avvet!?

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

It was Atiye's birthday. Jenevi and Curtis had flew to istanbul to join her birthday celebration. At least she knew that!

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting an orange glow over Mehmet's garden. Fairy lights twinkled like stars, illuminating the carefully chosen path of rose petals leading towards a hidden gazebo.

Jenevi, ever the master of distraction, feigned needing Atiye's opinion on a "secret birthday present" for Curtis. As they approached the gazebo, strains of Sufi music grew louder, and Atiye gasped at the sight before her.

Timothee, dressed in a sharp navy suit with a hand-embroidered Turkish pocket square, stood beneath the gazebo adorned with cascading jasmine vines. He looked every bit the nervous yet determined lover, his eyes locked on Atiye. As she walked closer, the music swelled, and a single spotlight bathed him in its warm glow.

"Atiye," he began, his voice trembling slightly, "from the moment we met, you brought sunshine into my life. Your laughter, your kindness, your strength… they all inspire me every day."

He paused, taking a deep breath. "We've faced challenges together, grown stronger together. You're my best friend, my confidante, and the woman I love more than words can express."

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a velvet box. Its intricate design showcased a traditional Ottoman pattern, a nod to her heritage. Inside, nestled on a bed of red satin, lay the ring - a stunning blend of modern elegance and Turkish craftsmanship. A ring that has been symbolising love and power since centuries.

"Atiye," he continued, his voice thick with emotion, "Will you do me the incredible honor of becoming my wife?"

Tears welled up in Atiye's eyes as she stared at the ring, then back at Timothee's hopeful expression. The love she saw there mirrored her own, a love that had blossomed amidst laughter, shared dreams, and unwavering support.

A radiant smile bloomed on her face. "Avvet, Timothee," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "A thousand times, Avvet!"

Joy erupted. Timothee slipped the ring onto her finger, the metal warming against her skin. They embraced, their laughter echoing through the garden as fireworks painted the night sky with vibrant colors.

As they pulled away from the embrace, Timothee's voice trembled slightly as he presented the velvet box to Atiye, glinting in the soft glow of the fairy lights. Hesitantly, she opened it, revealing the exquisite ring nestled on a bed of red satin. But nestled beside it, folded neatly, was a smaller piece of parchment tied with a silken ribbon.

Atiye's eyes widened with curiosity. "What's this, Timothee?"

A gentle smile played on his lips. "A little something to accompany the ring," he said, his voice husky with emotion. "Open it, my love."

Intrigued, Atiye carefully unfolded the parchment. As she did, her eyes fell upon elegant Turkish script, each line flowing with graceful curves. A gasp escaped her lips.

"It's a poem," she breathed, tracing the delicate letters with her fingers.

"Indeed," Timothee confirmed, his gaze fixed on her with adoration. "It's titled 'The Sun Upon My Heart,' written by Sultan Suleiman himself, dedicated to his beloved Hurrem Sultan."

Atiye's heart fluttered. She knew the story of Suleiman's passionate love for Hurrem, a love that defied tradition and carved its name in history. Her fingers trembled as she began to read aloud:

"Like the sun upon the rose, your beauty doth unfold,

Warmth and light that chase away the wintry cold. Your eyes, twin pools of deepest night, where stars reside,

My heart, your captive, drawn to their celestial tide."

With each line, the poem painted vivid imagery, capturing the essence of Suleiman's love for Hurrem. But as Atiye continued, she realized the words resonated far beyond their historical context. They spoke of a love that transcended time and circumstance, a love that mirrored the one blossoming between her and Timothee.

"Your laughter, like the music played on wind-kissed strings, A melody that fills my soul and makes my spirit sing.

Your touch, a feather's caress, soft yet strong and true, A promise whispered, a bond forever new."

Tears welled up in Atiye's eyes as she finished the poem. Looking up at Timothee, her voice thick with emotion, she whispered, "This is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever done for me."

Timothee took her hand and gently placed the ring on her finger. "My love for you, Atiye, is like the sun upon my heart, a fire that burns eternal. Just as Suleiman cherished Hurrem, I will cherish you always."

And as their lips met under the starlit sky, the words of the poem echoed in their hearts, a testament to a love story that had begun with a hidden verse and blossomed into a forever kind of love.

...

Later that evening, Mehmet and Azize approached the couple, their faces beaming with happiness.

"Atiye," Mehmet said, placing a hand on her shoulder, "we knew Timothee was special from the moment he entered our lives. He brings out the best in you, and we see the love you share shining brighter than any star."

Azize added, her eyes twinkling, "We are so happy for you both. May your journey together be filled with love, laughter, and endless happiness."

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she finished reading. Looking up at him, her voice thick with emotion, she whispered, "This is the most beautiful birthday gift I could ever ask for."

Timothee smiled, his heart overflowing with love. He pulled her close once more, and they swayed gently to the music, lost in their own world.

The night continued with lively music, traditional Turkish dancing, and heartfelt toasts. As the last guest departed, Timothee and Atiye stood hand-in-hand under the starlit sky, the echo of fireworks still lingering in the air.

"This was the most magical birthday ever," Atiye whispered, leaning into Timothee's embrace.

He kissed her forehead, his heart brimming with love and gratitude. "It was just the beginning, my love," he murmured, "the beginning of our forever."

Atiye's engagement ring: