Chapter 15: Family bliss

Pov y/n

I smile and lean my head against Wanda's shoulder as I watch the twins 'perform' something.
They wanted to show us and now Wanda and I are sitting on the couch in the living room, watching the twins jump and spin around while giggling. The pure sound of that makes my heart almost overflow with happiness.

Wanda's arm is wrapped around my back, her hand resting on my stomach. The twins almost stumble over their little feet but don't seem to mind at all, still giggling. I love watching them play and be happy, it makes me so happy as well and I could do that for hours without getting bored.

They seem to come to an end and bow before us, so Wanda and I clap and cheer. Their eyes sparkle and they come running to us.
Cara climbs onto Wanda's lap while Tommy sits down next to me. Wanda unwraps her arm from me to hold Cara. Tommy looks up at me and smiles his adorable smile. Then his eyes look at my baby bump and he carefully reaches out to touch it. The twins have been so great during the pregnancy. They don't quite understand the concept of it but they know there's a baby in my belly and they are excited to meet their new sibling.

"Does she see the dance too?" Tommy asks and looks back up to me. I smile and brush over his hair.

"Yes, she saw the dance too and she thought it was great." I tell him and his eyes light up at my words.

"Can she dance wiw us?" Cara asks and leans her head against Wanda's shoulder. Wanda chuckles and kisses the top of Cara's head.

"Not at first. She will be very small and needs to learn to stand and walk first but I am sure, once she does that, she will dance with you." She assures our daughter and Cara hums.

"She can't walk?" Tommy asks and very carefully settles on my lap. I wrap my arms around him to keep him from falling off.

"No, she still has to learn that. It might take a while until she can." I explain and Tommy frowns a bit.

"But I can walk and Cara." He points out and I have to hold back a laugh.

"That's true but you are already three, so you are older than the new baby. She has to grow and catch up to the skills you two already have." I explain patiently. Tommy still doesn't look convinced but accepts it.

"How about, I help you two get ready while Mommy gets ready for bed and then we can all cuddle?" Wanda offers and the twins whine a little but agree.

Lately they have been a little fuzzy about their bed time but we manage somehow. Most of the time, we can convince them to get ready when we promise them cuddles afterwards.
Both of them are a bit more clingy at the moment, which could be because of their age or because they know that a new baby is on the way and they want to enjoy the time they have with us until the birth.

I help Tommy slide off my lap and Wanda takes both twins with her upstairs to get them ready for bed. Not after sending me a warm smile that makes me smile as well.
I heave myself up from the couch, which is a bit of an act since I'm in my 8th month of pregnancy. I switch off the lights downstairs before slowly going upstairs as well.

The sound of giggles comes from the bathroom and I smile, the twins are probably goofing around with their Mama. I walk into our bedroom and grab my pajamas, taking it into the ensuite with me. I change and brush my teeth, doing all of it in my own speed. Seeing the baby bump in the mirror makes me smile and I brush over it lovingly, excited to meet the new addition to our family.

When I'm all done, I go back into the bedroom and lay into bed, sighing happily when I put my feet up. Since I am pregnant, the days have gotten more exhausting, even though they aren't more stressful than before. But Wanda assured me it's okay and that she loves taking care of me.