Chapter 24: Why?

Pov y/n

I am quick to move from the spot because if someone is guarding the office, there has to be someone or something in there that is important. Or maybe not, because the stone wasn't protected but what do I know.

I hear steps coming and quickly look around. There's nowhere to hide but maybe this person will walk into the other direction since here's a crossing. So, I press myself against the wall, as good as possible with the backpack and hope for that person to walk by without noticing me. I saw that so many times in movies and shows, so maybe this really works.

It doesn't. The person turns into this hallway and my eyes widen when I see them.

"Y/n, what a nice surprise." He says and I feel frozen in my movements, not sure what to do.

"Cole." I just reply and a tiny smirk plays around his lips.

"I didn't expect to see you here." He says and comes a few steps closer.
I wanna back away but the wall in my back keeps me from doing that.

"We haven't talked in a while, haven't we? The last time we talked, you were in London and I was in New York. Who would have thought that we would run into each other in Scotland?" He continues, his voice calm but darker than usual and I get little chills. This interaction really creeps me out, mainly because I have no idea what's going on.

"How about I show you around?" He offers with a fake friendly smile.

I shake my head, I don't wanna see the base and be led into a crowd of people but he grabs my shoulders and pulls me off the wall, turns me around and leads me back to from where he was coming. I think about ways to get out of this, potential methods, but my position is unfortunate for that and the grip he has on me is tight, not really leaving me much room to move.

He pushes me forward and we turn left and now there are four more men in the hallway, standing guard at a door. Even if they are surprised to see me, they don't show it but I know, this was it with my chances on freeing myself. I can't fight five people at the same time, not when four of them carry guns.
A mix between anger and fear spreads through my body and I glare at the men at the door before Cole leads me inside.

It's not a usual room. It has a huge window that looks into another room that's covered in tiles. There is a headboard in front of the glass window and a few chairs in the back that face the other room. What kind of creepy shit are they doing in here?

It looks like a room for experiments and from what I've heard, they wanna do them with Wanda. It's just sick to do these kinds of experiments on people, whatever they are doing.
The four men follow us inside the room and stand guard at the door again as Cole leads me to the chairs and pushes me down on one.

He doesn't care about my backpack and in a quick motion, he grabs my hands and holds them behind the chair. As much as I want to escape right now, I know I shouldn't. Not, when four guns are directed at me.
All I can hope for is, that I will be alone with him later on or that Wanda might see me and free me. So much about me freeing Wanda. I guess the tables have kinda turned right now.

Cole pulls a rope from somewhere and ties my hands together before tying them to the chair. The rope digs a little into my wrists and I wiggle but it doesn't loosen. Cole laughs when he sees the weak try of an escape.

"There's no chance to get out of it." He says, clearly enjoying this situation. I want to kick him really badly but he is too far away for that, sadly.

"Why are you doing this to me? And to Wanda? How did they convince you to work for them?" I grind out between my teeth, glaring up at him. My questions seems to amuse him and he shakes his head with a chuckle.