Chapter 49: 3 seconds

Pov y/n

A very weird feeling pulses through my body and in the next moment, it is really bright again and I have to close my eyes. My head hurts a little and I'm dizzy and disorientated.

I have no clue where I am but also not quite the strength to open my eyes and see. I feel a hard ground underneath me and a weight on my legs but can't put it together just yet.
The last thing I remember is feeling very weird and watching my body turn to dust.

Wait, if I am able to think and feel again, does that mean that I'm not dust anymore?
I guess there is only one way to find out.

It takes quite some strength to open my eyes again and I need to adjust to the brightness for a few seconds.
I see a forest around me, the sun is shining down on us and it is really warm. I don't remember it being this warm the last time, which was like a few seconds ago.
If I think back, I really just blacked out for a few seconds, that's strange.

I sit up a little and look at the weight on my legs. My heart beats a little faster when I see that it's Wanda.
Her eyes are open as well but she also seems a little confused about our whereabouts. When her eyes meet mine, they soften a little and she lets out a breath of relief.

"I thought I lost you." She whispers, her voice raspy as if she hasn't used it in a while.

"I thought so too." I reply, my voice also sounding hoarse and I seriously start to wonder what's going on.
Wanda's hand slowly comes up to my face and she cups it, her thumb brushing over my cheek. I smile and automatically relax at her touch.

"You're real." She states, almost making me chuckle at that. I gently brush my hand over her hair.

"So are you." I say and she nods before sitting up.

It's only now that I realize, that my legs feel a little numb but it doesn't matter because I am here with Wanda.
In a quick motion, Wanda straddles me and I squeak in surprise, before she crashes her lips onto mine, her hands disappearing in my hair.

I get ahold of her waist and the longer my fingers are on her body, the more this starts to feel real again.
Wanda's lips move against mine with a kind of passion that is layered with the earlier fear of losing each other.

I pull her a little more into me, ignoring the fact that it puts pressure on my chest which feels painful. When Wanda pulls away, she looks at me and her eyes hold so many emotions that I can't tell which ones I see.

"I love you." She says with so much conviction, that it makes my heart skip a beat.

"I love you." I reply and she leans closer to lean her forehead against mine.

I close my eyes and just hold her close. I'm not even close to processing what's going on right now but as long as Wanda is with me, I am going to be fine.

"Wanda, y/n?" I hear another familiar voice and turn my head to see Sam approaching us. What is he doing here?

"Sam?" Wanda asks, sounding as confused as I feel.

"Are you two alright?" He asks and is so kind to not mention the fact that Wanda is currently straddling my lap. I look at Wanda to check if she is alright. Wanda's eyes scan my body before we both look back at Sam and nod.

"Yeah, I think we are." Wanda answers and gets off me, offering me a hand to pull me up.
I take her hand and let her pull me up, wincing a little in the process.

Wanda instantly looks at me and it only takes her a few seconds to remember, that I am injured. One arm wraps around me, supporting me without having to ask. Sam watches us before looking around. Bucky approaches us and I raise my eyebrows. What's going on here?