Chapter 55: 1 year

Pov Wanda

It took the government a long time to get everything and everyone back in line after the chaos of half of the population on earth reappearing. Pretty much a year, to be exact.

Y/n and I had to go and register ourselves again and get all of our formal papers renewed. Well, at least the ones that were really ours, the papers we got in Scotland under a wrong name didn't need to be renewed since we aren't on the run anymore.
We might move back to Scotland at some point because it was really lovely there but for the past year, we decided to stay in New York. It made a lot of things easier and I think we both preferred a calm life after all of the events that happened.

Once or twice a month we went to visit Laura and the kids and it was always really nice. I could tell that it was good for all of them and helped them with the grief over Clint's death.
Y/n wrote a lot into her journal and talked to me about how she feels about all of that and I was glad to see that she coped with it and communicated her feelings.

We took some time off and for two months didn't look for new jobs or anything like that because we wanted to get sorted out first. There were a few changes made around the compound, Clint and Bruce both got a statue in their honor and the lower levels were rebuild.

After the two months break, Nat went back to coordinating the other Avengers and all that stuff, while y/n and I started to look for jobs. There were quite a lot of opportunities and I found something I am really happy with but y/n didn't and decided she wanted to go to college and study some more.
I supported that and we looked through different colleges and which majors might be interesting for her. We settled on the New York University and English literature. She still enjoys writing a lot and I think it fits her pretty well.

We talked to Nat about the money situation because college is expensive but after y/n applied and we got the first mail from NYU, that was settled as well. She got in! The university was happy to take more students in again because due to the blip, it was supposably quite empty and they had trouble to fill the classes.
Y/n also got a scholarship, partly because her grades were good but also partly because she is seen as a part of the Avengers and the university was honored to have her.

So, with the beginning of the new semester, y/n went to college and I started working again.

Around Christmas time, we decided that we want to move out of the compound. Nat wasn't very happy about it but agreed because it's close to the university and also my job, so it's more practical. Besides, we were both grown up and after already living alone, it's a little weird to go back to living with your mother, or soon to be mother-in-law.

Speaking of, we talked about getting married, since we have been engaged for half a year by then and didn't plan anything so far. So, we started thinking about what we wanted and who we wanted to celebrate with. Planning a wedding isn't easy at all, especially when you're only 19.

Our living room soon turned into, what looked like a page from a wedding magazine, with cut out pictures all over the place. Y/n and I would spend whole evenings sitting in the living room, discussing different matters about the wedding.
We always wrote down what we managed to agree on or what we would have to figure out before deciding. Sometimes Nat came over to help us a little, which actually helped a lot because she had a clearer sight of everything and managed to get some structure into our planning chaos.

For a few weeks we took a break from wedding planning because y/n had all her exams coming up and I used that time to sort out the pictures we had and bought a binder to put everything in. That also helped a lot because we were able to actually really use our living room then, right in time for a game night.