Chapter 25: Find Wanda

TW: guns, fighting, mentioning of a needle

Pov y/n

Rage builds up inside me and I tug harder on the rope, wanting to get off to stop him from what he's doing.
To my surprise, the rope lets me go after another hard tug. It almost makes me lose balance and pulls the attention from two of the men in my direction.

I flinch, already scared they're gonna shot me but nothing happens. When I look at them confused, they shake their guns but it seems like they don't work. But it didn't go unnoticed by Cole, who spins around instantly and narrows his eyes at me.

"How did you get out?" He grumbles before pulling out a gun himself.

I don't doubt that he will aim at me, he's just a stranger after all. I reach out my hand to shoot a widow bite at him because he didn't notice them sooner, but before I can fire it off, a purple blast of energy shoots into his direction and he and the other four men get smashed into the wall behind them. A collateral grunting is heard when they slowly get back up. I look at my hand.
Where did that come from?

It looked a little like the wave that hit me when I tried to touch the stone but none of them touched the stone, so why did it look the same?

Confusion is written on the faces of my opponents as well but it doesn't stop them from picking up their guns and pointing them at me. Since I am still multiple steps away, the widow bites are the only thing I can do right now, so I raise my arm again. Another purple wave hits them and they crash into the wall. Did I do that? But how?

I look at my open hand before slowly turning it towards one of the men. I lift my arm and he makes a surprised noise, when he suddenly starts levitating over the ground, purple swirls surrounding him.
Holy shit! I am doing this.

Cole gets back up and looks at me intently. He seems to try and make sense out of what just happened. He probably knows more about this stone than I do but he still seems confused.
His eyes stay on me as he lifts his hand to his ear before silently saying something. The rest of the men is up now too and all five of them look at me, a few a bit scared.

I reach to my backpack and quickly pull out the foldable bow Clint gave me before we went to Germany. On the other side of my backpack, I have the arrows, from which I also take one. I aim at the men, none of them moving, seemingly trying to judge the situation.

"Bring me to Wanda." I demand and I see one of the men turning around to the door. But Cole stops him.

"Don't listen to her. You four make sure she stays in here." He commands and as he moves towards the door, the other four start to come closer.

Cole is blocked by another man and even though I don't like hurting people, I really can't let him leave. So, I shoot the first arrow, hitting the man into the shoulder, making him groan in pain but he doesn't bulge. Before I can hit him a second time, Cole is already out the door and it sounded like he locked it from outside, great.

Now that the four men are coming closer, the bow won't help me anymore and I quickly put it away and get into position.
I never fought four people at the same time and if my body wasn't charged with adrenaline, I probably would be scared.

My fingertips start to tingle a little bit and for the next action, I just follow an instinct inside me. I point to the man on the left and with a quick motion, send him smashing into the one to his right. Both go down and I try to ignore the little cry when the arrow seems to bore further into the man's shoulder. I turn to the other two and use both hands for what I have in mind. They both start floating a bit, moving away from each other before I let them crash into each other and fall to the ground. None of the men get up, which I take as a contemporary win.