Chapter 2: Cooking date

Pov y/n

I've been excited about tonight since this morning. I'm really looking forward to spend some quality time with Wanda. Not that the time we spend together each day isn't special but it's just different.
Work and school dragged a little but probably just because I was so excited.

I finished my schoolwork quickly and couldn't wait until Wanda was done as well. But since she still had to work, I went to the store to buy the ingredients we'll need later on.
From the list she wrote me, I can't really tell what this will be but since I don't really know a lot of meals, that's nothing unusual.
Whenever it's my turn to cook, it's something rather easy to make. A lot of times it's pasta with different sauces because I love pasta.
Sometimes also self-made pizza or an easy casserole.

We haven't had the time yet for Wanda to teach me to cook, or show me some more recipes but I'm sure we're gonna get there.
Wanda therefore mostly cooks the healthy food with vegetables and all that stuff. Her food is very delicious and I love it and she really found a little passion in cooking. She still prefers baking but we can't have cupcakes or cakes every day for lunch or dinner.

Besides, baking is a little more expensive than cooking, at least from what I know, and we don't exactly have that much spare money.
We don't use up every penny we make and we also still have some saved but still. We try to save a bit money every month. It's not defined what for but sooner or later, we will be happy to have some spare money.

I whistle a random tune while walking back from the supermarket, carrying bags of groceries.
When I enter the apartment, I already hear silent music play and it makes me smile. I bring the bags into the kitchen before I get out of my jacket and shoes and search for Wanda. She's sitting on our bed, looking outside and humming along to the radio that's playing on one of the shelves.

"Done with work for today?" I ask and she turns around, a smile showing on her lips when she sees me.

"Yes, I finished while you were at the store." She tells me and makes little grabby hands at me that melt my heart. I crawl onto the bed and let her pull me closer.

I giggle when I stumble and fall onto the bed. She looks at me with those beautiful green eyes and brushes some hair out of her face before gently lifting my head into her lap.

"I missed you." She states, making my heart beat faster at the tone of her voice.

"I was away for like half an hour." I reply equally as soft and she sighs and starts to run a hand through my hair.
It makes me relax even more, always having found it comforting when someone played with my hair.

"I know but you also were away this morning and I just wanted to hug you." She tells me and her bottom lip pushes out a little. It makes her look adorable and I can't help it but to prop myself up and kiss her lips softly until the small pout is gone.

"I'm all yours now." I whisper against her lips and she smiles a little and nods before hugging me tightly. We softly fall back onto the bed and I look down at her.

"A little cuddly today, hm?" I ask and she nods and buries her face in my neck, breathing against my skin and making me giggle because it tickles a little.

"I think I'm gonna get my period soon." She mumbles into my neck and I hum in response, kissing her temple.

"That's okay, I'm here for as many cuddles as you need and want." I assure her and she peaks up from her position, her eyes shining brightly at my words.

"I love you so much." She says and my heart grows soft.

"I love you too, so much." I reply and nudge her nose with mine before kissing her sweetly. Wanda smiles when we pull away and turns us over, sitting up.