Chapter 28: What now?

TW: injuries, blood

Pov Wanda

I catch y/n as she collapses. What just happened?

"Y/n?" I ask but don't get a reaction. She totally blacked out, that can't be good!

But right now I can't really do anything about it, especially not here. I gently place my arm under her legs and pick her up bridal style. Her body doesn't react at all to my action, making me worry even more.
The glow underneath her suit stopped. I have no idea what that was or where the magic she worked came from. It helped to keep us safe but I am still skeptical about it.

Some of the men on the ground groan a little and I decide that it's not safe for us to stay here. This might not be the best plan right now because I am kinda exhausted but I have to fly us out of here.
My grip on her tightens, so she won't fall before I concentrate and slowly start to hover above the ground.

Until now, I always used my hands for stability and control but I need them to hold y/n right now, so this is a little more complicated. But I have to push through, for my girlfriend.

We rise higher and I realize, that I have no clue where we are and how to get back. But the fact that y/n came here quite quickly means, that it can't be too far away from where we live. It might not be smart to go back there but I don't have any other idea.

I look around and decide to fly into one direction, just following my instinct. Y/n doesn't move in my arms and I get more and more worried that something is severely wrong. There's blood dripping down her left temple but I have to concentrate too much on flying to have a closer look.
The higher I rise, the colder it gets and when I almost think this isn't gonna help me, I see the belltower of the church in Hamilton. A little relieved breath comes over my lips and I start flying into that direction, lowering us again, so neither of us will freeze.

It is quite a way to fly and I assume, y/n got here with a bus or train because it would take a long time to walk over here. If I dug deep enough in my memories, I might find her telling me how she got here but everything after the first night in that base is blurry and thinking about it gives me a slight headache that I can't handle right now.
I fully concentrate on flying and look ahead, holding onto y/n tightly, so I won't drop her.

It's hard to keep my thoughts at bay. There are so many that need to be thought about but I know if I do that now, I'd either lose concentration or break down. Both would lead to me falling down and the both of us crashing into the ground.
So, I ignore my thoughts and speed up the flying a little.

After around an hour, my energy level gets pretty low but I can't give up now, I can already see our building and since there is no one around, I decide that it is safe for now.
I carefully land in front of the building and look at the door. I need a key to open it, which I don't have since I was kidnapped. But y/n should have one, probably in her backpack.

I gently get down and place her on the ground, not quite happy with that but I need my hands to look in her backpack. Usually, she has her keys in a small extra compartment up front. So, I roll her a little to the side, just so I can reach her backpack and unzip the little pocket. Luckily, the key is in there and I take it before lifting her up again.

It takes me a few seconds to fumble the key into the lock but once I opened it, I kick the door further open and carry y/n inside.
We don't live on the highest level and also have an elevator, so I can take it to get to our floor. There I open our apartment and quickly shut the door behind us. I listen if there is anyone in here but it seems to be calm, so I lock the door again and cautiously walk towards our bedroom.

Not a lot has changed since I was taken. There are a few more things laying around, all from our lowest drawer but that's not a surprise since she is wearing her suit.