Chapter 19: Where to go?

Pov y/n

I stay up most of the night, trying to find answers to my questions but no matter how much I think about them, I can't figure anything out.
I just know, that I have to continue going to work because I can't stop going to work after two weeks. I also send an email in Wanda's name to her company, to inform them that Wanda is sick and not able to work. That's the least I can do for now.

I know, I should concentrate on work but I can't and who can blame me?
I believe, everyone would be distracted if their girlfriend was kidnapped and hold hostage somewhere. It's a little hard, not to panic too much because it wouldn't help me or Wanda. Mentally, I go through the list I made with things to consider, trying to think of a solution. The biggest problem so far is: Where is Wanda even?

Like, it's great if I have a plan and everything but if I have no idea where she is, even the greatest plan wouldn't help me in any way.

After work I go grocery shopping and also buy a bunch of snacks to take along on any 'rescue mission'. While having dinner, my thoughts spin around some more and I almost drop my plate when Wanda's voice suddenly pops up in my head.

"Y/n?" She asks, her voice a little silent but I know as soon as I concentrate, it's gonna get louder. So, I jump onto the bed, close my eyes and concentrate.

"Wanda?" I ask back and the next time, her voice is way better audible.

"Were you able to figure anything out?" I ask her, hoping she might have positive news.

"No." She says and I sigh a little.

"Me neither. It would help a lot to know where you are." I say and she agrees.

"Unless you have an internal navigator, I'm afraid there's not much..." She says but trails off.

"Try something for me, please." She asks, suddenly sounding a bit more euphoric.

"Concentrate on the connection and try to forget the surroundings, only focus on me." She advises and I do so.

"Try to follow my voice. Don't concentrate on anything else, just my voice." She keeps talking and slowly but surely, I feel a slight pull inside me. It feels really weird and I don't know how to describe it but it definitely pulls me into a direction.

"I can feel something. It's like a pull." I describe to Wanda.

"That's good, that's really good. I was hoping for that. Sometimes, when I used my powers on people, I could feel...like a connection between us and it at least told me in which direction that person was. I never thought about it working the other way around as well but it seems like it does." She explains, sounding a bit more hopeful, which gives me a glimpse of hope as well but I still frown.

"You really think, this could work? How do I know this is leading me to you?" I ask, feeling like that's a very valid question. Maybe I'm just imagining it because it's what I wish for.

"I don't but it's all we have so far." Wanda replies and her voice starts to sound a little echoey, which makes me worry.

"Wanda? Are you okay?" I ask and start chewing on my bottom lip.

"Yeah, just a little...tired." She almost mumbles and then the connection breaks. My heartbeat picks up. What does this has to mean? Why is she tired? Just because it's the evening or are they doing this to her?

A thought crosses my mind and a cold shudder runs down my back, my heart clenching. I quickly push that thought out of my mind. Wanda isn't dead, she just fell asleep.

I take a breath and open my eyes, allowing myself to rest for a few more seconds until I get up and go to the list I wrote. If I get there, I still need to figure out how to fight whoever is there.