Chapter 30: Everything could change

Pov y/n

We spend the rest of that day very calm, talking a little more about what happened and that we have to be careful from now on.
The chances of finding a new apartment this quickly are very low but we will try.

When I got out of the suit, I noticed a couple of bruises but none of them looked concerning, so I decided to ignore them for now. Wanda renewed the shield she put around our apartment and we found a place to store the stone.
We both send an email to our boss, telling them that we won't be coming to work on Monday either.
We have a lot to figure out at the moment and going to work honestly isn't our biggest priority, safety is.

Today is Sunday and I decided to try and 'examine' the stone a little more.
Wanda told me that the infinity stones all have different names and specialties but all she knows is, that Vision has the mind stone in his forehead, so it doesn't really tell us anything about this stone. Wanda sits on the couch in the living room, watching me with a mix of interest and worry. We decided it would be smarter to do it in the living room because I don't accidentally wanna destroy our bed.

"Be careful, babe." She reminds me and I nod and give her a thumbs up before taking the cloth with the stone into my hand.

My finger tips tingle and I get a little excited. I look at the tissue box I placed on our couch table and Wanda scoots to the other end of the couch, so I can't accidentally hit her.
I focus on what I wanna do and raise the hand with the stone in it, pointing it at the tissue box.

A sudden purple ball shoots out of the stone and almost hits the box, but just almost. Instead, it hits the floor, which smokes a bit but seems to be fine otherwise. Wanda gives me a look and I wave it off.

"Nothing happened." I tell her, way too excited to stop now. I try it again, and again, and again.
And I hit: the couch table, the armrest of our couch, the floor but not the tissue box.

"Why does it always look so easy, when you use your magic?" I almost whine and look to my girlfriend, who seems slightly amused but also a bit pissed that I am 'tending to destroy our furniture', to put it in her words.

She smirks a bit and raises her hand and with a tiny movement of her fingers, the tissue box starts to levitate.

"Show off." I mumble before aiming again and this time, I at least hit the tissue that's poking out at the top. But also the backrest of the sofa, making Wanda drop the tissue box and glare at me.

"I hit it this time." I grin and hold my hands up in defense.

"And the sofa too." She sighs and I press my lips together so I won't grin too widely.

"But this is different than in the base. There I had the stone in my backpack and could use both my hands." I say, more to myself than to Wanda.

She just hums and watches me put the stone into my empty backpack and put it on. I look around the room, unsure what to do now. I probably can't channel the magic as good as with the stone in my hand.

"Can you put the tissue box on the ground?" I ask and Wanda nods and lets it hover to the ground in front of me, smirking a bit when I playfully roll my eyes at her showing off her magic.

I concentrate on the tissue box again and move my fingers a little, trying to create the little wave that knocked everyone over just in less harmful.
It's not as harmless as I intended because I do hit the tissue box but also the couch table, shoving it towards the couch with some force. I stumble back a little because the wave fired back. Wanda grins at me from the couch, her legs pulled up.

"If you wanted to redecorate the living room, you could have just said so." She teases, apparently giving up on telling me to be careful and enjoying to tease me. I stick my tongue out at her, making her giggle a bit.