Chapter 3: Sunset

Pov y/n

After dinner, we put the plates into the sink and just as I am about to run the water to clean everything, Wanda gently stops my hand.

"Our date is not over yet." She says with a sweet smile. I look at her with big eyes.

"But I thought we would only cook?" I ask, excited to see what else she has in mind. Wanda smiles and shakes her head.

"Look outside." She says and I turn my head to look out the window, seeing the usual. I frown a bit in confusion and look back at Wanda.

"What's there?" I ask and she chuckles and gives my hand a little squeeze.

"Look at the sky." She gives me another hint and I do so. The sun is slowly setting and the sky shines in different shades of light orange.

"I thought I'd take you on a sunset walk, since you enjoy the sunset so much." She says and kisses my cheek. A big smile appears on my face and I look at her.

"I love that!" I almost exclaim and she grins and tugs me towards the hallway, so we can get ready to go outside.

The last few days, work, school and dinner always stood in the way of enjoying the sunset, so this is really nice. It's not really cold outside, since it's almost the end of June and we only need to take thin jackets with us. Wanda takes my hand and I instantly intertwine our fingers without thinking about it. It's just a habit and I don't mind it at all, neither does Wanda.

She leads me through the streets and I look up at the sky, admiring the slowly changing colors. Even though we already live here for about four months, I have no real clue where Wanda is taking me but I also don't ask, enjoying the surprise.

Wanda guides us down the street and towards a little forest. I look at her in surprise but she just smirks and nods forward. I follow her and after a few minutes of walking, we step out of the woods again and my eyes grow big at the river in front of us.

"How did you know this is here?" I ask and step closer. Wanda chuckles and lets me pull her along.

"It's the Clyde River." She explains and I hum, watching the water flow down the river leisurely.

"I found it on a walk I took a few days back while you were at school. I think it's really beautiful and the perfect location to watch the sky." She tells me and I look up again.

The sun is a little hidden by a few trees but the sky is so beautiful colored that it doesn't matter. The light orange and pink mirrors in the water of the river and I couldn't imagine it to be any more beautiful.

"This is amazing, Wands." I say and let go of her hand to slowly spin around myself and take everything in. When I look back at her, her eyes shine brightly and she looks so happy that it makes my heart all mushy.

"You like it?" She asks and I nod, stepping closer and placing my hands around her waist.

"I love it. And I love you." I confirm and her cheeks turn a little pink, making her look adorable.

"I love you too." She replies and connects our lips in a soft kiss that gives me butterflies. I hold her close for another few moments until I let go and we slowly make our way down the river, enjoying the sunset.

When we pass a family, I smile and look after them a little. Two kids run ahead while one is sitting in a stroller, babbling a little. When I glance over to Wanda, I can tell that she is watching them as well and it makes me think about our very first date.

"Could you imagine having kids right now?" I ask and she diverts her attention back to me, a little surprised by the question. But she thinks about it while swinging our hands between us.