Chapter 27: Against the rest

TW: fighting, guns, injuries, blood

Pov y/n

I help Wanda to get off of me but can't let go of her hand, too worried she might slip back into that weird mindset she was in just a few seconds earlier. She stands up and pulls me up as well. Her eyes dart to the men on the ground and she looks at me.

"Did you do that?" She asks and I nod, feeling a little proud.

"Impressive." She says and I feel a tiny bit of pride within me, even though it was less my own skill and more the stone.

I nod though and let her lead me out of the room. Outside the door, the two guards from before are just managing to get the widow bites off.
Without a second thought, Wanda gently pushes me behind her and lets her magic do the work, sending both guards to the ground again. Then she quickly moves further down the hallway until we get to her cell.

She goes inside and I am about to protest but when she just puts on her shoes, I shut my mouth again. Right, it will be more comfortable like this and probably a little easier too. She comes back out and gives me a short smile.

"Let's get out of here." She says and takes my hand.

"But I have no clue, where the exit is." I admit and Wanda gives me a soft smile that I missed so much the past few days.

"We'll figure it out. We always do." She assures me and squeezes my hand a little. That makes me a bit more hopeful. She is right, we always somehow manage the situations we get into and at least I am not alone anymore.

Part 1 of my plan was successful so far: find Wanda.
Now we only need to make part 2 happen: get her out and to safety.

We run through the hallways and whenever we pass guards that are knocked out, Wanda glances into my direction.

"Where are you two off to?" Cole's voice suddenly echoes through the hallway and a second later he steps around the corner, pointing two guns at us.
We freeze in our movements but I'm not really scared of him, I know I can knock him down before he can hurt us.

"The hospitality wasn't so great." Wanda replies sarcastically and I am surprised by that but grin a little. Cole narrows his eyes at us.

"If you two walk right back into Maximoff's cell, you won't get in any trouble." He says lowly and I almost want to laugh.

Is he seriously trying to offer us a 'compromise'?
We are both individually stronger than him. What makes him think we would listen to him?

I shake my head and seconds later, the noise of a gun going off sounds through the room. With a quick motion of my hand, the bullets drop to the ground, purple swirls around them. Wanda looks at me, obviously confused about that but she doesn't comment on it, there are better times for that.

"You can't keep that up forever, y/n." Cole taunts a bit and fires again. The outcome is the same and I raise my chin a little challengingly.

"Sure about that?" I ask and raise my eyebrows. He nods and for a few minutes, the game continues and a good amount of bullets lands on the floor. Wanda has her arms crossed, watching everything that's going on. As expected, Cole's guns are empty soon and I smirk at him.

"You shouldn't be so full of yourself." I say and put my hands on my hips.
When Wanda looks at me in confusion, I glance down and see the purple glow under my suit again. Seems like this happens when I use this 'power'.

Cole nods slowly, before he steps aside, making room for us to pass him. I don't trust that and neither does Wanda but we won't stay here until the other guards wake up as well.
We carefully pass him, watching out for any movements or stunts he could pull.