𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

amelia
december 16, 2021
----
I finish getting ready and walk out onto the rink. They were all doing warm-ups and I knew I had to join. An annoyed groan left my mouth before I skated onto the ice. I zip over to the coach, skidding to a stop next to him.

"What am I supposed to do now?" I ask while scanning all the kids.

"Do whatever they're doing." he shrugs.

"Those don't look like warm-ups-"

He quickly cuts me off. "And you don't look like the coach. So I suggest that you get out there and warm up."

I scoff lightly and pull my mask down. As I skate out to the others, I keep my distance from Luis. I was so embarrassed. I, of course, didn't mean to like it but he probably thinks I did.

Stupid Instagram.

I was so deep into the thought that I didn't realize someone was zooming right behind me. Their reflection caught my eye and I knew it was Luis.

I had no time to react so I just stood there. I wanted to shield myself but I didn't want to look like a pussy in front of him. He skates right next to me and I hear a chuckle escape his mouth.

"Trying to look tough in front of me, hm?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "You're a dead man, Mendoza."

I charge at him and shove him to the ground. He grunts and pulls me down with him. I land on top of him and stare into his hazel eyes. We didn't do anything except just stare at each other. It was awkward, but neither of us moved.

"Alright, break it up you two!" Bombay yells.

I snap out of my gaze and put my angry face on. "Watch your back, Louie." I tease.

"Don't fucking call me that," he growls while pushing me off of him.

"Louie, Louie, Louie!" I repeat over and over.

"I said stop!" he pushes me out of his way.

I burst out laughing and saw the coach skate over to us. "Guys!"

Our attention snaps to him. He sighs. "Listen, I don't know what the deal is with you two but you have got to stop this rivalry. I'm not forcing you to be friends but at least be a bit nicer to each other, okay?"

Luis and I look at each other and I clench my jaw. "Fine."

"Luis?" Bombay looked at him.

He keeps his stare on me. "Got it."

"Good." Bombay claps. "Now let's play some hockey."

I huff and whip my head away from him. I skate away and glare at the others, showing them to mind their business.

----

I felt two people plop next to me, one on each side. I didn't wanna look at them so I just examined them out of the corner of my eye. One has long brown hair and hazel eyes. The other one had long blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Can I help you?" I mumble while keeping my gaze on my feet.

"I saw what happened with you and Luis. Pretty spicy." the girl with brown hair says.

"Mhm. He likes you." the blonde one chirps after.

I shake my head. "No, he doesn't, I promise."

They both give each other a look and smirk. "Yes, he does."

I groan and roll my eyes. "He doesn't, okay? That's the last thing he would do."

"Well, I'm Connie." the brown-haired one puts her hand out to me. "And that's Julie."

The blondie smiles and I slowly shake Connie's hand. "Is this a trap of some sort?"

Connie chuckles. "Of course not. We just wanna be friends."

This is weird. Should I trust them?

"Um . . . okay?" I mumble hesitantly.

They both squeal happily and start obsessing over me. "Okay, if you want Luis to like you, you need to show off your beautiful hair more."

Connie starts playing with my hair, but I immediately yank it out of her grip. "Ah, ah, ah, no. You said you wanted to be friends, not my wingwomen."

She chuckles. "We aren't trying to be your wingwomen. We're just trying to make your relationship with Luis better."

"I don't want it to be better." I snarl. "It's fine the way it is."

She sighs. "He does wanna be friends with you."

I scoff. "As if."

"I'm serious! I can tell by the way he looks at you." Connie pushes my arm lightly.

I sigh and shake my head. "I would rather die than be friends with him. That's the last thing I would do."

They both sigh and I try to stand up but Julie grabs my hand. "Please? He's a nice guy if you get to know him and he's kinda lonely."

"Lonely?" I scoff with a snicker. "He's a snobby high school jock. He's not lonely."

"Yeah, he is. Look at him." Julie points over to him.

I look in the direction her finger is pointing to and my eyes land on him. He was sitting alone drinking some water. He looked kinda sad, but I didn't care. I look back at Julie.

"It looks like he's just minding his own business." I shrug. "He's perfectly fine."

"Please, Amelia." Connie looks at me with puppy dog eyes.

I shake my head. "No, I don't wanna be friends with him. I'm perfectly fine on my own."

I stand up from my seat and put my mask back on. I hop back onto the ice and join some of the others who were practicing.

----

author:
erm idk what to say so sorry if there's no authors note at the end of some of the chapters 😭.
~olivia 🤍