𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

amelia
february 17, 2022
----
I scroll through my phone as Luis's soft heartbeat pumps in my ears. He suddenly taps my head and instructs me to sit up. I wipe the hair off of my face before tucking it behind my ears.

"Okay, close your eyes." he says.

I chuckle softly. "What are you doing?"

"Hold on." he mutters as he rummages through a drawer. "Hold out your hands."

I hesitantly hold my hands out and feel a weighting box get placed into them. I open my eyes and see a small red square box sitting in my hands.

"What's this?"

He smiles. "Just open it."

I take off the top part and see a hockey puck that reads, "1/17/21" and a little heart drawn next to it. I pick it up and look at him. "It's a hockey puck?"

"That is the hockey puck that you used to hit me in the head two months ago today." he grins.

I clap a hand over my mouth to stifle my laughter. "You didn't!"

"I did." he laughs.

"Luis." I chuckle and examine it closer. "You're such a doofus."

He smiles and kisses my cheek. "I'm aware."

"Thank you."

He cups my face with his hand and presses his lips to mine. I place the puck back in the box and hear Izzy giggling. We hear another voice as well. It sounds like a little boy or something. I didn't think much of it, but Luis was skeptical.

"One second." he stands up.

"What are you doing?" I ask, standing up after him.

Luis pokes his head out into the hallway. "Who is that?"

I poke my head out with him and see this boy with blonde hair, blue eyes, and adorable freckles running behind Izzy.

"Oh! Hi, Lu!" Izzy chirps.

"Hey!" he replies. "Who's this?"

"This is Jack Smalls." she replies.

"Hi." he waves shyly.

Smalls . . . I swear I've heard that name before.

"Nice. Is he your friend or something?"

She nods. "Yeah, we met at school."

"Ah," Luis nods his head up. "Cool."

She nods again and grabs Jack's hand. "Come on, Jackie!"

He smiles and they run over to her room. I chuckle lightly. "He's cute."

"Eh, he's alright." he shrugs.

I lightly punch his arm. He gasps and rubs the spot I hit with his hand. "Ow! Why are you always punching me?"

"Because it's fun." I giggle.

"Oh, yeah?" he smirks before picking me up and slinging me over his shoulder.

"Hey!" I shout. "Put me down!"

"Nope."

I groan. "You're exhausting."

He chuckles and sets me down on his bed. He gives me a second to catch my breath before he starts tickling me.

I laugh loudly. "Luis, stop!"

He laughs with me but doesn't stop tickling me. I wiggle around in an attempt to get out of his grip, but it was no use.

"Luis, please!" I beg.