𝗌𝗂𝗑

amelia
december 17, 2021
----
Bombay shoos everyone away from Luis and examines his head. It was slowly turning blue and purple. I felt pretty bad about what I just did. I didn't mean to hit him that hard. It was a mistake . . . really.

"You'll be okay." Bombay pats his shoulder.

He helps Luis up and guilt paints my face. My head drops slightly and I stare at the ice. I felt Bombay place a hand on my shoulder and I looked up.

"You two stay here, okay? I'll be right back."

He then began running across the ice to his office. I was shocked about how he didn't slip considering he was wearing shoes. I glare at Luis who looks pissed.

"I'm sorry . . ." I mumble quietly.

"Shut up." he shakes his head. "You're not sorry. You purposely did that."

"Okay, fine! I meant to do it but not that hard!" I shout.

"God, you're such a disease." he shoves me lightly.

Leave it alone or you'll get kicked off the team.

I don't do anything back and just stand there. He scoffs but says nothing else. We soon saw Bombay coming back on the ice with a rope.

He's gonna murder us.

"Next exercise we're gonna try," he holds the rope out. "Is this."

"Wha-" I'm cut off by him looping the rope around both of us.

"Hey!" Luis yells angrily.

I did not like this. We were squeezed together and I was way too close to him. I was so close I could've kissed him. I didn't, of course, because . . . ew.

"You're gonna work together and try and skate across the ice," Bombay informs.

"This is so stupid," Luis grumbles.

Bombay snaps his fingers at him. "Zip it, Mendoza. Don't make me tell everyone about what I caught you and Mindy doing in the storage room."

Luis's eyes widen. "Sorry, coach."

I couldn't help but snicker. "Okay, go." Bombay backs away from us.

"Okay, let's go right," I order.

"I'm not listening to you. Left!" Luis tugs me the other way.

I yelp and we both start tugging in opposite directions. He eventually falls on top of me and I roll my eyes. He huffs and I feel something poking at me when he was shifting around. I ignore it and try to get him off.

"Get off, dude."

"I can't move," he grunts.

"Well, then try!" I shout angrily.

"I'm trying, idiot!"

I grunt. "Well, try harder!"

I hear the others laughing their asses off at us. This was so awkward. I shove him so hard, that our foreheads bump into each other and, of course, we didn't have our helmets on. I groaned and so did Luis. It probably hurt worse for him.

"Nice going, puckhead." I sigh in disbelief.

"That was your fault." he hisses.

"No, it wasn't!"

"Okay, okay, okay." Bombay butts in. "Let's not fight. We're trying to do the opposite of fight, right?"

He helps us up and I swear Luis purposely shifted closer to me.

What's his damn problem?

I groan and stare at him. "We go right."

He shakes his head. "No, left."

"Right!"

"Left!"

"Oh my God, you guys!" Bombay yells. "Would you stop?"

"He won't do as I say!" I whine.

"No!" Luis shakes his head. "She won't do as I say!"

"Okay, you guys will do as I say." Bombay sighs. "Start going forward."

"How are we supposed to skate if we're tied together? That's impossible." I huff.

He shrugs. "If it was impossible, I wouldn't be making you guys do it."

I sigh. "Okay, on the count of three."

Luis huffs. "I'm not-"

Bombay sends him a warning glare. "Luis."

He shuts his mouth and listens to me count. "One . . . two . . . three."

We both started skating and it was quite difficult. Luis kept a tight grip on my waist as if he didn't want me to fall. I was too tired to fight with him.

"There you go!" Bombay claps happily. "I told you it wasn't impossible!"

A small smile paints my face and we start skating faster. The others cheer for us and we skid to a stop which Luis somehow did.

"Nice job guys." Bombay sends us a thumbs up.

We both smile and I look at Luis.

His smile is so . . . adorable.

"Stop staring at me, would you?" he smirks.

"Geez, dude." I groan. "I was just insulting you inside my head. Lower your ego."

"I was doing the same thing."

His tone was different. It sounded like he was lying.

"What were you insulting me about then?" I ask.

He pauses and searches for an answer. "Um, y-you wouldn't be able to handle it."

"No, no, no, please tell me," I beg. "I can handle it."

"I . . ." he shakes his head. "Get away from me, dork."

He tried to shove me away but we were still in this dumb rope. "One second." I hold my pointer finger in his face.

I begin fidgeting with the rope, causing me to squish onto him harder. That thing would not stop poking at me. I didn't know what it was. I assumed it was part of his gear but he wasn't wearing anything too bulky.

Oh. . . gross.

I groan quietly and eventually get the rope off.

"Thanks . . ." he mumbles.

"No problem, Louie." I snicker.

He punches my arm and shakes his head. We both skate back over to the box and both Julie and Connie squeal.

"What?" I question.

"That was so romantic!" Connie smiles.

"Yeah!" Julie chirps happily. "You should have seen the look in his eyes!"

"Yes!" Connie swoons. "And the way he was holding onto you as you skated! Ah!"

"Oh my god." I roll my eyes. "Leave it alone. We'll never be friends."

They both look at each other with that stupid look.

These girls.

----