𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 (𝗂𝗇 𝗋𝖾𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗒)

amelia
february 1, 2022
----
My alarm wakes me up from my pleasant dream. I grumble tiredly and shut it off. I shove my face into my pillow. I hated having to wake up early for tournaments. It was so stupid since we didn't play until dinner time tonight.

My phone rings a few seconds later and I knew it was Luis. I pick it up and just groan into the microphone.

"I know, I know." I hear him laugh. "I'm tired too."

His morning voice makes me just want to melt into my bed. It was so attractive even though he insisted it was gross.

"Why do we even have to wake up so early if we don't play until the evening? It's only like a three-hour drive to Duluth." I ask as I check my notifications.

"That just means you get to spend three hours with me."

I playfully roll my eyes. "Yay . . ."

"Oh, you wanna drive by yourself?"

I shake my head. "No, no."

"Exactly. Be nice to me," he says cheekily.

I chuckle. "No promises."

"Okay, I'll be there in like fifteen minutes," he informs.

I nod. "Okay, sounds good."

He sends a kiss through the phone before hanging up. I roll out of bed and trudge into my bathroom. I fulfill all of my hygiene necessities before changing into some gray sweatpants and one of Luis's hockey sweatshirts.

I head into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. To my surprise, my mom is already awake.

"Oh, hey," I mutter.

She looks up at me and smiles. "Hey, honey."

I grab a cup. "Why are you up? It's not even eight yet."

She shrugs. "I couldn't sleep. And I wanted to say goodbye before you left."

I fill up the cup and take a sip. My phone buzzes with a message from Luis telling me that he's here. I chug down the rest of my water. "Luis is here."

She nods. "Okay, good luck. I'm sorry I can't make it."

"It's alright, Mom," I reassure. "I'll make sure to update you."

She sends me a small smile. "Sounds good."

Her mouth hangs open for a few more seconds and I cock an eyebrow. "Anything else?"

"Well, um . . ." she lets out a sigh. "You and Luis are going to be alone for a few days and I just want you to be careful."

My eyes widen. "Mom! Ew!"

She holds her hands up in defense. "I'm just telling you to be safe!"

I rub my face and groan. "We'll be in separate rooms. I promise nothing will happen. It's too soon."

She nods. "Okay, okay. Just don't be stupid."

I sling my bag over my shoulders. "I'm leaving before you say anything else."

She laughs. "Use a condom!"

"Oh my God!" I yell in horror as I run out of the house.

I throw my bag into the backseat of Luis's car before getting inside. He looks at my petrified face, cocking an eyebrow. "Everything okay?"

"My mother is horrifying."

He chuckles as he backs out of my driveway. "What'd she do?"

"She basically told me to "be safe" when I'm with you."