𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈 (𝗂𝗇 𝗋𝖾𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗒)

amelia
february 3, 2022
----
I'm awoken by someone gently shaking me. I open my eyes and see Luis standing over me. He kneels next to my bed and brushes a strand of hair off of my face.

"Um, Connie said your alarm never went off and you didn't wake up to hers so she told me to wake you up," he whispers.

Fuck. My arms.

I just stare at him and don't move a muscle. He continues to smooth my hair with his fingers. "Are you okay? You were being weird last night in your texts."

"I . . ." my voice cracks. "I'm okay . . ."

He shakes his head. "No, you're not. What's wrong?"

He moves his hands to rub my arms over my blanket. I whimper in pain and push him away. He stares at me in confusion. "Lia, did you . . ."

He suddenly rips the blanket off of me and grabs my arms. I gasp. "No, no, no! Luis, stop!"

He unrolls the toilet paper that's covering up my ripped-up arms and I see his eyes widen. "Oh, sweet girl . . ."

"No . . ." I cry as I try to scoot away from him. "Just leave me alone."

He ignores my request and crawls next to me. I attempt to stand up but he quickly wraps me in his arms. I whine and feel my tears soak through his shirt. "No, no, no . . . Let me go."

He kisses my head. "Sh, sh, sh. It's okay, honey."

I shake my head and try to wiggle out of his grip. "Luis, let me go."

He gently sways us back and forth and repeats "I love you" over and over in my ears. I press my hands against his chest in an attempt to push him away but he doesn't budge. He grabs my arms and kisses them all over.

"Luis, stop . . ." I say, my voice breaking. "Luis-"

He cuts me off by shoving my face into the crook of his neck. "Just relax, Lia."

I whimper quietly and stop resisting. I let myself melt into his embrace and sniff in his comforting scent. He rubs my back and places a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"What happened?" he whispers.

I sniff and shut my eyes. "After I got back from the hot tub last night, Connie told me that you had done it with Mindy a bunch before me. A-and that's obviously fine because it was your relationship, not mine. But it still just hurt for some reason and I don't-"

He lets out a long sigh. "Jesus . . . Lia, look at me."

I pull myself away from him slightly and open my eyes. He wipes the tears off of my cheeks with his thumbs. "You need to stop letting Connie get to you. Yes, Mindy and I used to go to the hot tubs whenever I had a tournament but I don't care about that anymore. You are the only person I care about."

"It's just . . . Everything I've done with you has been my first but it hasn't for you and for some reason that makes me upset."

"And there are plenty of firsts that I wanna do with you. Just because I had some of my "firsts" with Mindy doesn't mean I don't want any new ones with you."

I bite my lower lip gently. "Really?"

He nods and runs his hands up my arms. "Yes, I promise."

I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tightly. "I love you."

He squeezes me back tightly. "I love you too."

We hear the door burst open which distracts us. We see Connie frantically waving at us. "I hate to interrupt but we have to leave in like ten minutes."