𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

amelia
january 5, 2022
----
I walk up to Luis's room and hear Izzy's laughter bubble through the air. A smile paints my lips as I poke my head inside his room. He's tickling her while she squeals with joy.

"That tickles, Lu!" she laughs while squirming around.

He laughs along with her and kisses her cheek. Her eyes dart to me as a huge smile grows on her face. "Amy!"

"Hi!" I smile.

Luis looks at me and watches Izzy run over to me. I set my school books on his desk and picked her up with my good hand while letting my broken one rest by my side.

"How are you?" I ask while walking deeper into Luis's room.

"Fantastic!" she smiles.

"That's good." I chuckle.

"Why are you here?" she asks.

I gently set her down on his bed and sat next to her. "We have to study for a math test."

"Ooh." she hums. "Okay."

Luis lays down and puts his hands behind his head. Izzy's not a fan of this.

"No, Lu!" she whines. "Sit up!"

He shakes his head jokingly. "Nope. I'm staying like this."

She groans and hops on top of his stomach. "Sit up!"

He shakes his head once again. "Nope."

She squishes his cheeks. "Pleaseee?"

"Nuh-uh," he mumbles.

I chuckle and roll my eyes playfully. "Idiot . . ." I whisper under my breath.

"I'll tell mom." Izzy crosses her arms over her chest.

Luis smirks. "Not unless the tickle monster gets you!"

He then starts tickling her stomach, causing her to fall off of him. She laughs loudly as she wiggles around.

"Okay, okay, okay!" she begs out of breath. "I won't tell mom!"

He laughs and stops tickling her. She then gasps. "I'll be right back. Stay here, okay?"

She runs out of Luis's room and I snicker. "I don't understand how she has so much energy."

"I don't either." Luis sighs while lying back down.

"Anyway," I look down at him. "How are you?"

"Good." he nods. "How's the hand?"

"It hurts like hell." I sigh. "I can barely move it."

"I'm sorry." he pouts.

I shrug. "Don't be."

We hear Izzy's little footsteps run back to Luis's room. She comes in holding an old teddy bear. Luis chuckles and watches her hop onto his bed.

"This is Beary." she places it in my arms. "He likes having friends over."

"Oh, does he now?" I smile.

She nods and I examine it. Its fur was old and ragged, its eyes were scratched up, and it had the biggest smile on its face. It was quite adorable.

"I love him."

She grins and makes him kiss my cheek. I giggle. "Thank you."

"He likes you." she nods.

"I'm glad."

She then hops back onto Luis's stomach and giggles. "Can do you the thing for him?"

He sighs. "I don't know . . ."

"Please, Lu?" she begs.

He hesitates and I lift an eyebrow in anticipation.

What was she talking about?

"I don't know if I can still do it, amor." he shrugs.

"Pleaseee?" she gives him puppy dog eyes.

He sighs. "Ugh, fine."

She giggles and he grabs Beary from her. He starts playing with him while using a different voice for him. I smile and watch Izzy's face brighten up. He made Beary talk to her about whatever and she was having a blast. He then made Beary kiss her face all over while he made kissing noises with his mouth.

"Thank you, Lu!" she giggles while grabbing Beary back.

"No problem." he smiles.

Luis looks over at me and swallows. "You saw nothing."

I laugh. "What? That was cute."

"Really?" his face softens.

I nod. "Mhm."

He smiles. "Well, thank you."

"Of course." I chuckle.

"Amy!" Izzy then hops onto my crossed legs.

"Yes?"

"When are you guys gonna become a couple?" she asks, anticipation painted on her face.

Luis's eyes widen slightly and my face starts to burn. "Uh . . . I'm not sure if that'll ever happen."

She pouts. "I want you guys to date."

I chuckle nervously. "I, uh, I don't know . . ."

"Well," she pushes the hair off of her face. "Lu talks about how he wants to date you all the time."

Luis quickly sits up while shaking his head. "I-I don't. She's lying."

She shakes her head. "No, I'm not. You talk about her all the time."

A small smirk plasters on my face as I look over at Luis. "Is that so?"

He gasps for words. "No, I-I don't, I promise. Just in a friend way."

Izzy groans. "He's lying."

"I'm not!" he sighs. "I'll be right back."

He then stomps out of the room and Izzy pouts. "Sorry . . ." she mumbles.

"Don't be sorry." I run my fingers through her hair.

"I shouldn't have done that . . ."

"It's okay, sweet girl," I reassure.

"No, it's not." her eyes fill with tears. "Now Lu is gonna be mad at me."

"Oh, honey." I pull her closer to me. "He won't be mad at you."

"Yes, he will be." she cries.

"No, no, no." I shake my head while wrapping her into my arms. "He won't be, I promise."

She sobs into my chest and I just lightly shush her while rubbing her back. Luis then walks back inside his room and freezes when he sees Izzy. He swallows nervously and points to her.

"Did I do that?" he mouths.

I hesitantly nod. He groans and rubs his face in anger. I could tell he was mad at himself. He slowly sits down next to us and Izzy looks at him.

"I'm sorry, Lu." she sniffs.

"Don't be sorry, amor. It's okay," he reassures. "I just needed to go do something."

"But I made you mad." she whimpers.

"No, you didn't, I promise." he rubs the tears off her cheeks.

She wipes her nose. "Are you sure?"

"Positive." he nods. "Can I have a hug?"

A small smile paints her lips as she springs into his arms happily. He chuckles and kisses her head lightly.

----