14

The Next Day
DD's POV

"DD you need to eat something." my mom said to me as me her my cousin Jayla and Lani were sitting in my living room. "Mami how many times do I have to tell you I'm not hungry." I said to her.

"DD she's right you do need to eat something because since we've been here the only thing you ate was cereal ." Jayla said to me. "And that's going to be the only thing I eat because like I said I'm not hungry." I said to her.

"DD be honest are you not eating because of what Dre did to you or because Kay found what you were hiding from him?" my mom asked me. "I don't want to talk about either one of those situations." I said to her.

"But you need to DD you were raped for god's sake and then Kay is out here mad at you and said that you are dead to him so you can't sit here and say you don't want to talk about it when you need to." she said to me and I was about to say something but then Lani called my name.

"Yes Lani?" I asked her. "Daddy is coming to get me so I need to pack my clothes." she said to me. "How do you know your daddy is coming?" I asked her. "When he called earlier he told me that I just forgot to tell you sorry." she said to me.

"It's fine so come on let's pack you some clothes." I said to her. So then I got up but it hurted like a bitch to even move. "DD you can sit down and I'll help Lani." Jayla said to me. "I'm fine I don't need your help." I said to her as I walked upstairs with Lani.

"Alright Lani get your bag." I said to her and she gave me her bag and now that I think of it I don't know how long she is going to be with Kay. "Lani did your daddy tell you how long you were going to be with him?" I asked her.

"He said this many days." she said to me as she held up four fingers. "Okay." I said to her and then I started going through her clothes and packing them and I put some of her hair stuff in the bag too. "Mommy." Lani said to me.

"Yes?" I asked. "Does Uncle Dre do what he did to you to Uncle Justin?" she asked me. "Lani we don't need to talk about what happened and I want you to forget about it." I said to her. "But I can't." she said to me.

"Why not?" I asked her. "I heard you screaming and I knew you were hurt and now I'm scared to hear you being hurt again." she said to me and I sighed because I really hate that she heard everything that was happening.

"Lani look I'm sorry that you had to hear and see something that you should have never had to see or hear but I promise you nothing like that is ever going to happen to mommy like that again." I said to her. "But what if it happens again and daddy isn't there to protect you?" she asked me.

"It won't happen Lani and plus your dad will always be there to protect me and you because that's how good of a man your dad is even if either one of us mess up and make him upset he will always protect us." I said to her.

"If daddy is so good then how come you and daddy don't date but you and Mr Cee do?" she asked me. "You want to know a secret?" I asked her and she nodded her head yes. "Me and Mr Cee don't date anymore we actually broke up the day of Jazzy's party." I said to her.

"Why?" she asked me. "Mami wasn't very truthful about who he actually loves." I said to her. "Then why can't you date daddy?" she asked me. "Because daddy is with Melody and I did something that hurt daddy very bad so it will be a while until he forgives me." I said to her.

"Can I forgive you for daddy?" she asked me and I started laughing a bit. "That's not how it works Lani your dad has to tell me he forgives me but it's okay if he doesn't because I will understand why he doesn't want to forgive me." I said to her.

"Don't worry mommy I'll always forgive you." she said to me. "Thanks Lani I think mommy really needed to hear something like that." I said to her as I gave her a kiss on the cheek. "DD, KAY IS HERE!!" my mom yelled from downstairs.