Flowerless (wallmark)

Valentine's Day was here. Everyone was getting everyone gifts, platonically or romantically. Either way, it was a lovely day to share gratitude and love. The sound of unsteady tapping echoed through Wallter’s room as he sat on his bed, thinking of a Valentine's gift for his dear partner, Mark. As a loving husband, he wanted to give him the perfect gift. While thinking, he slowly got lost in his thoughts about Mark. Then he remembered that time, getting more nervous by the minute every second he thought about what Mark had asked him.

“Could you be my valentine?”

“...S-sure! I would love to…!”

Though it was supposed to be normal, coming from his husband, he just could not get over the fact that he still did anyways. Maybe this could save their relationship somehow, not as if it was falling apart anyway…right? Oh! How sweet of Mark! He didn't seem to be the type of person to do this kind of stuff! His face was deeply red as he kicked his feet unknowingly. Just thinking about Mark made his heart and mind go crazy, just like before they got married. Oh! I haven't gotten him a gift yet. He muttered it to me yesterday night and I must've forgotten! He remembered that he was supposed to come up with a gift for Mark. Maybe a nice set of…wood? He knew Mark liked those things, but he didn't really like them. But, for Mark. It was Valentine's after all. He got up and left for the workshop store.

He scanned through the varieties of wood. There's different colours, shapes and sizes. He wasn't really a professional in these types of stuff. Then, one type of wood caught his eye. It was like the colour of Mark himself. Wallter gasped before picking it up. It also had the smooth texture of him. He picked up a few more before going to the counter to pay. The smell of wood does some mind boggling things to his brain but he had to deal with it. While walking out, he heard a call for him.

“W4llt3r?! DOOD WH4TZ G00D BR4H!!” It was infected. Wallter never really talked to the guy before, but there was a first for everything. He waved at Infected and he came running up to Wallter.

“Wo4h dood, D1dn't exp3ct y0u to b3 TH4T tall wh3n 1 he4rd fr0m the 0thers. C0uld recogni53 that smile from anywh3r3!!” Infected say with a smile. 

“Anyw4yz, wh4t r y0u d0ing h3r3? I h3ard y0u don't like w0oD!!” Infected asked.

“Well, I was picking some wood for Mark. Because Valentine's Day is today and I had to get a gift of course. So I decided to get some wood, knowing that Mark loves them with all his heart. Probably even more than me…” Wallter said that last part internally. 

“G4y p3opl3 O⁠_⁠o?!!? I LOV3 G4Y P3OPL3 >⁠.⁠<!! G00d LuCk 0n g3tting th4t m4n br05ki!!” And with that, Infected left the store. Wallter heaved a sigh before going out as well. He couldn't help but have a feeling that what he thought just now was true… He walked back home.

On his way there, he saw Split, outside the bouquet store looking at the flowers. He decided to stop by to say hello. He needed something to take his mind off of the comment he made in his head.

“Well hello split. Fancy seeing you here.”

“Huh? Oh!” Split turned around to face Wallter, “Hi Wallter! What brings you here?”

“Oh nothing, just wanted to stop by to say hello.” 

“Oh hello!”

“What are you looking at the flowers for?”

“Well… you know Bive? I was thinking If I should give her some flowers for Valentine's Day. As a friend of course. I think she'll like roses. Flowers nowadays are so expensive! Might as well pick them from gardens myself! Hopefully she won't call them speakers again or throw them away. That would be really painful to watch!” Split explained.