Be mean to me (partybeetle)

Request by: skibblewop

“Hey Pest!! How r u??”

“Woah Pest, your anthers look pointer :0”

“THAT WAZ AWESOM!!” 

“You shuld com 2 my parti next time :D”

The voice of Poob rang through Pest's mind. That irritation caused whenever he spoke. That annoying tone he uses. That childish accent that always came out of his mouth every time. It was starting to get on Pest's nerves. To the point it was not even funny anymore. Pest had to control his emotions whenever he was around Poob. He could feel his brain cells disappearing whenever nonsense came out of Poob's mouth. He could feel his eyes burning whenever he looked at Poob's bright party hat. He felt like going to Mars whenever he was under Poob's presence. Everything about him was annoying. His existence was already bad enough. He always had to tolerate Poob's annoying presence every time, and he surely did not enjoy it. Pest had to deal with him almost every time. Those times he wanted to eliminate himself. Pest was sitting on a chair in the subway, waiting for the train to come. He was manifesting that maybe, just maybe, Poob didn't come here today. Just for today. Pest sat legs and arms crossed. He closed his eyes, treasuring the peace and quiet for these few minutes. He was meditating, an activity he couldn't have the chance to do.

Vrrr…

Vrrr…

All that could be heard was the operation of the vending machine. It hasn't been this quiet before. Pest heaved a sigh. He wished that this would last forever. And ever. But of course, good things must come to an end.

“Hai Pest!!” 

Pest could recognise that cheery voice from miles away. Poob. Pest opened his eyes and glared at Poob. “What.” Pest said firmly. Poob gave him an awkward smile before sitting next to him. Pest shifted a bit, trying to avoid touching Poob at all. He didn't want to get ‘infected’ with Poob's silliness and nonsense. Poob stood there all quiet, which was very unexpected. Poob was fiddling with his hands as he took small glances at Pest. Taking this golden opportunity to meditate, Pest closed his eyes and tried to wash away his thoughts in the quiet atmosphere. Pest imagined himself relaxing on the beach, sitting down on the sand while hearing the ocean waves. Birds were chirping and the sand felt soft. Pest inhaled and exhaled. He needed this. This was probably (pest?) one of his favourite scenarios (pest!) And it felt amazing. The relaxation was hitting hard (hello??) as his hands glazed the sand, feeling it. It felt like a dream-

“PEST!” Poob yelled, making Pest jolt awake. (Pest was half asleep; he was literally knocked out. Bro was meditating so hard he fell into a deep sleep) Pest shot him a glare. Rage was starting to wash over him.

“I heard that there was dis knew mall around our area. Du u wan 2 visit? There r lots of parties held there. I wuld luv to go there with U!! OH AND THE FOOD THERE IZ SO GOOD! Speaking of food, I had a cake this morning, but that wuz onli becuz I have nothing else 2 eat. There's dis knew song tat just releazed. Du U wan 2 hear it? I think that-”

“SHUT THE FUCK UP.” Pest growled. Poob jumped from Pest's sudden outburst. He tilted his head to get a look at Pest, feeling very afraid inside.

“SHUT UP ALREADY. I'M UTTERLY TIRED OF HEARING YOUR CONSTANT YAPPING. YOU KEEP ON TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO TALK TO ME ABOUT, EVEN THOUGH I CLEARLY WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE. IT'S SO ANNOYING WHENEVER YOU TALK.” Pest yelled at Poob. Those words pierced his heart like a thousand shards. Annoying..?

“YOU MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL WHENEVER YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH TO SAY UTTER NONSENSE. I CAN'T STAND TO BE AROUND YOU. LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY.” Pest stood up, expressing the piled up rage he held on for so long. Poob also stood up, backing off. However, Pest kept walking towards him.

“ I WISH YOU WOULD LEAVE ME ALONE, I WISH I NEVER MET YOU. YOU WERE THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED EVER TO ME, AND I MEAN THAT. EVERYTIME YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH, I WANT TO PUSH YOU OFF AN EDGE AND I MEAN IT WITH ALL OF MY HEART.” Pest grabbed Poob by the collar. 

“I HATE YOU. I REALLY DO. NOTHING IN THE WORLD CAN CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT YOU. SHOW UP HERE AGAIN, AND YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE THE END OF IT.” 

Sob sob

Sob..

Tears trickled down Poob's face as he let Pest do whatever to him. 

Sob…

Sob

Poob could not hold it in anymore. Pest flinched upon seeing Poob cry. Never has he seen the bright and energetic guy cry before.

“I a-always knew…” Poob said in between his sobs.

“I always knew you felt that way about me, but I didn't want to accept it, so I kept trying. I kept on pushing, h-hoping that I could prove myself wrong…” Poob was trying to mutter out these words, as they were a struggle since he couldn't really breathe. His chest felt like it had been strapped around tons of rubber bands, tensed. Pest gripped his collar harder.

“I can't believe that I was stupid enough to b-believe that I knew you…” Poob sobbed out. Pest kind of felt this feeling of guilt overwhelming him. 

“But I still d-did anyway…” Poob was trying not to burst into a tsunami of tears while talking. Snot was dripping from his nose. In an attempt to hold back these tears, he started smiling.

“You can yell at me, scream till your throat hurts, put a bullet through my chest, but I will always love you no matter wut…” Poob's smile wasn't really making anything better. Pest loosened his grip on Poob's collar. Poob's smile wasn't the regular goofy one. It was in fact another one. A smile in an attempt to hide his real feelings, and Pest could see through it. Like a transparent wall. Pest let go of Poob's collar and backed away. Poob then sat on the floor, crying to himself. Pest scoffed. Gosh, he really should not be really this stinging pain in his heart.

Whoosh

The doors of the train opened. It was the train for Pest and Poob to get on in order for them to head home. Without hesitation, Pest entered it, leaving Poob alone. He sat on one of the seats, looking at Poob from afar. Pest sat in silence, thoughts finally to himself once again as the train left the stop.

Pathetic.

(Urm sorry for short chapter anyway this was inspired by a slide on tiktok and it was awesome)

(What if I told you the elevator was on that floor when that happened and the players saw everything without them noticing)