Apple fritters part 2 (Partybeetle)

Request by: St4r_fall

Poob sat on his couch as the rays of the TV screen flash every time it changed frames. Poob's party had just concluded, and now Poob was laying on his couch while watching television. Heck, he was not even paying attention to what was going on in the show. All his mind was on was how he fucked up when he confessed his feelings to Pest. These thoughts held on tightly to Poob, not going away anytime soon. Well, on the bright side, everyone loved the apple fritters. Poob let out a yawn slip past his mouth. He hugged the nearest pillow in reach, imagining it as Pest. His eyelids started to feel heavy as he struggled to keep his eyes open. He was-

Ding

Poob groaned as he extended his arm to pick up his ifone from the coffee table. He held the ifone over his face as he continued to lay down, opening his phone to check whoever messaged him. It was Dr Retro from T.F.W.L.I [Therapy for people with Love issues]

Dr: Please come by tomorrow because it's your monthly mental health check up for your love issues with Pest. Thank you.

Poob heaved a sigh of dismay as he recalled what happened. Well, it might not be enough of a reason to plunge into depression, but it still was a reason... Poob set up an alarm so that he could wake up on time for the appointment that he did not look forward to.

Ugh.

***************

"So Poob, tell me about the situation you may be facing right now with... Pest. If you don't have anything to say, then we will run through about Having to get over this infatuation you're having with Pest, because surely you want it gone just by looking at your expressions whenever I mention his name." Dr Retro sat across Poob, sitting on a chair as she observed Poob. His head hung low as his eyes were brimming with a tinge of depression in them, his smile so obviously forced. Poob was biting his lips, not wanting to speak up. Poob's heart WANTED to spill his heart out, but his brain didn't let him do so. He'd rather hold it in then cry in front of Dr Retro...

"Poob, we don't have all day. I'm not trying to rush you, but Mark's appointment is coming up soon. I don't want to waste your time by being here, you know?..." Dr Retro muttered in a somewhat comforting tone. Poob's heart was starting to sting a lot. Poob's lips were trembling as he continued to look down. His hands were shaking anxiously now too. He closed his laps close together, continuing to look down. Dr Retro could somehow have a sense that something was deeply wrong. She took out her writing board and started to write down notes about Poob's current behaviour. Poob could feel sweat trickle down his face as he clutched his hands. Dr Retro heaved a sigh.

"Poob, it's okay if you don't have anything to say. Ahem. I made you some hot cocoa. Hopefully that'll soothe you, okay?" Dr Retro said as she jumped down from her chair and walked over to her counter. Poob's eyes followed her as she came back with some hot cacao [she's using her awesome powers to hold it because she has no arms]. Poob grabbed the cup and began to sip on the warm chocolate drink. The warmth of the cacao eased the cold feeling he was feeling in his chest. Drinking half of it, Poob placed down the cup on the coffee table beside him and finally lifted his head up, avoiding eye contact with Dr Retro.

"Ah, okay. So since you're not budging in anyway yet, I'll ask you some questions first to help you." Dr Retro lifted her pen [with awesome powers] and started jotting down the questions she was about to ask. Placing the pen down, she started to question Poob.

"Poob, did any conflict happen between you and Pest this month?"

"N-no..." Poob's voice croaked out. Gosh, that hot cacao was messing with his throat, or maybe it was the fact he was holding in the cries he so desperately wanted to let out.