Comforts from Arguments (skaterlight)

Requested

Lampert sat on the couch slouching. He was looking at his ifone, seeing some pictures from pinterest in order to try and distract himself from something that is turning into a daily thing. Both his parents are in the kitchen shouting at each other about the same topic they kept on arguing about. Lampert heaved a sigh before rubbing his temples. He was trying to engross himself, but it wouldn’t work, for he kept getting dragged into reality by the shouts and sudden exclamations that were made by the both of them. Lampert really wanted to curl up and cry himself to sleep, but remembering what Mark said made Lampert try to hold on strong.

“You have to be strong for us. It always motivates me to hold onto our marriage.”

Although there’s little chance they’re ever going to stop their arguments, Lampert wants to hold onto his dreams. Dreams that will never happen. Maybe he should try to listen to what they’re arguing about in order to recognise what was worth the risk of their family tearing apart. Lampert decided to eavesdrop on their arguing,..

“NO, YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND! YOU NEVER UNDERSTAND ANYTHING!”

“I CAN’T UNDERSTAND IF YOU KEEP ON WHINY TALKING. YOU CAN’T EVEN PROMOTE YOUR OPINION, SO OF COURSE I CAN’T UNDERSTAND. YOU TALK LIKE A FUCKING BABY.”

“YOU DON’T EVEN LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF, SO OF COURSE YOU WOULD THINK THIS WAY. YOU… YOU’RE SO IMPOLITE!!!”

“HAH, IS THAT SUPPOSED TO AN INSULT?! HERE’S A REAL INSULT THAT YOU NEED TO HEAR. I FUCKING HATE YOU FROM THE BOTTOM TO TOP OF MY HEART.”

“OH SO YOU THINK THAT I DON’T FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT YOU?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I MARRIED YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE. I SHOULD'VE KNOWN THAT YOU WERE A DOUCHEBAG!”

Lampert didn't want to hear anymore. He couldn't believe his ears. The fact that they're that close to splitting apart was causing a sting in his heart. A sting of fear that their family would never be the same again. He doesn't want to hear their screams and shouts anymore. He wants to block them out, but doesn't know how. Internet entertainment wasn't helping him either. He wanted someone to cry to. Someone to scream to. Someone to hear him out. Someone to hug him and comfort him…

That's when he got a notification from a certain someone.

Infected: Hi Lampert, WYD??

Lampert wanted to explode after seeing Infected. Yes, that's right. Infected was there. Right here…

Lampert: Can you come over?..

Infected: huh?? why??

Lampert: please..

Infected: UH SURE!! COMING OVER RN!!

Lampert set his phone down and laid on the couch. He looked up at the ceiling fan, watching it spin continuously. Distraction was what he wanted to accomplish at that moment while waiting for Infected. He heaved a sigh before shutting his eyes, trying to sleep…

……………….

Ring Ring

Lampert jolted awake from his slumber upon hearing the ringing of his phone. He got awake and rubbed his eyes sluggishly. He picked up his phone.

“Hello?” Lampert’s voice croaked out.

“I'm at your door right now, Lampster!! Open up!” Infected’s voice rang Lampert's ears like church bells. He ended the call and placed his phone on the coffee table. Lampert coughed a bit before getting up and dragging his feet to the entrance.

“Hey, Lampy!” Infected exclaimed upon seeing that Lampert opened up the door. Lampert let out a soft grunt before giving way to let him enter. Infected headed towards the living room, but Lampert grabbed Infected's wrist tightly, stopping him.

“Go to my room. My parents are arguing.” Upon hearing what Lampert said, Infected's expression softened. He nodded before going up the stairs and entering his room. Lampert closed the door behind him. Infected was already on his bed. Lampert's room was pitch black. Infected could barely see anything. The only light source was coming from Lampert's head. Lampert walked towards the bed in a slow manner, before diving into his bed. Infected back away a bit. Lampert laid on his back and heaved a big and loud sigh. Infected crawled up to him and checked if he was alright.

“So what did you call me for?”

“...I just want to chill with you. I just want to be distracted from my parents' shouting. It is so annoying and irritating…” Lampert's arms flayed around. Infected held one of Lampert's hands, but Lampert instinctively pulled away without noticing. Infected's eyes narrowed.

“Are you feeling alright?” Infected got closer to Lampert. Lampert glanced at Infected before springing up and crossing his legs.

“... What do you think?...”

Infected really wanted to bring Lampert into a hug, but unfortunately, Lampert was touch conscious. If only one day, Lampert would just let him hug him for once… Infected tried to avoid Lampert's gaze. There was always this awkward tension between them, and he really did not like it. He also wanted it to go away, but Lampert wasn't cooperating with it at all. He really hated the feeling of it…

“Infected… Could you just…lie next to me?” Lampert said as he plopped down onto his bed and rested his hands on his stomach. Infected stared at Lampert for a split second, processing what he just said. Infected's face flushed lightly as he nodded in agreement. He fell onto his back, hand supporting the back of his head as he laid down.

“Hey Infected, want to see something I've been making?” Lampert turned to Infected, to which Infected responded with a hearty chuckle.

“Sure!” Infected exclaimed with genuine excitement. See, that was what Lampert liked about Infected. He was so passionate about everything and he was a good listener too. Although he was usually closed off to other people, he was always very nice to Lampert. He really enjoyed and appreciated Infected's efforts to make him feel better in life… Lampert took out a remote from a drawer and pointed it to a device at the corner of the room. After that, stars started to appear on the walls. Holograms of shooting stars and planets were casted. Lampert's eyes darted to Infected to catch his reaction, and he could see his eyes sparkling with interest. Lampert's heart fluttered for a moment. He really loved Infected dearly for everything he did. Infected lifted his hand and pointed to one of the planets.

“Isn't that where Gnarpy is from? That's sick, brah!” Infected plastered on a wide and bright smile. The music that was playing in the background calmed Lampert down.

“Yeah, this usually helps me to tire myself and put myself to sleep.” Lampert stated. Infected let out a slight cough, to which Lampert shifted away slightly.

“That's so cool!” Infected said before continuing to state what he was seeing. Lampert couldn't help but have this feeling. The feeling of wanting to hold Infected's hand, kiss him, and everything in between. However, Lampert didn't like the sense of touch. It felt uncomfortable.

“Maybe just a shot?..”

Infected was observing how aliens flew by. It was as if he was actually out in the galaxy observing this happening. Front the corner of his eyes, he could see Lampert lost in thought and was curious about what he was thinking about. Infected’s hand shifted closer to Lampert's, brushing against each other. Infected was going to keep trying to make a move in hope of Lampert finally reciprocating the feeling he was feeling. Infected started to space out as he stared at the moon shown as it started to shape into a heart. Infected unknowingly smiled as he could feel a cold hand coming into contact with his own, interlocking.