New family [A Lampert story]

[Lampert is like 8 in this]

“Dad, can I have this plushie, PRETTY PLEASEEEE!!!!” Lampert thugged Mark’s arm as he pointed to a shark plushie on one of the shelf displays. Mark glanced at it before looking back at Lampert with tired eyes.

“No we can’t. Sorry, kiddo, but you already have a penguin plushie from the ikea. And recent\ly, my company hasn’t been paying much recently…” Mark said before moving on [he needs to do that with Wallter] to find the wooden planks he needed. Lampert scurried along behind him. Lampert felt bad for his dad. Him and Wallter argued last night, this time about how Wallter drinks too much gray stuff. Lampert had drunk one sip of it, and Mark caught him, which caused the fight. If only he hadn’t been so curious. Now, Mark looked like he cried at night. And Lampert assumed that Wallter slept on the couch.

“Oh!! I know!! If I get a gift for Dad, maybe he won’t be so depressed anymore!!” Lampert thought. Getting enthusiastic, he walked around the place and was thinking at the same time.

“Urmm.. According to my calculations, Dad likes wood and Papa likes Cement. So what if I get them individual objects so they can feel better!! But what to get though…” Lampert went into deeper thought. “OH I KNOW!! I CAN GET DAD A PLUSH!!” He ran back to the shark plushie and snatched it. He hesitated for a while.

“No one’s gonna see me taking this…Right?” He proceeded to walk away like nothing happened.[Pest core]

“Hmmm… Now what to get other Dad?” He thought. Suddenly, he felt something. He saw something at the corner of his eye. He looked at an item on a shelf and went towards it. It was his sensing that it was a perfect gift-

“A LIPSTICK?? Really?? THAT’S what my senses told me?!” Lampert exclaimed. “...Well, better than nothing, I guess.” He snatched the lipstick and walked away again. As he was walking, he examined the stolen gifts one last time before confirming.

“Meh, whatever. It’s what the heart that counts” Lampert shrugged off the thought of the gift being perfect.” He said before pausing in his tracks. Realisation hit him like a ton of bricks.

Where was Mark?

Lampert turned around and did a spin. His father was not there. Fear banged at the door of his heart. Where is Dad? Lampert began to walk again and walking became running. Running became sprinting. His fear and worry started to take over his actions.

“DAD?!!?” “DAD WHERE R U??!!”
He continued to shout and scream out his fathers name, but all that returned to him were the echoes of his voice. Lampert sat down on the floor, not knowing what to do. He sat there in silence as well as cried in silence.

—-------------

“Here you go Dad.” Lampert gave a slice of pizza to an ikea mannquin with a construction hat. and then he gave another one to a built that resembles Wallter in a way. He then sat down and ate in silence.

“This is such a happy family, am I right dads?”

“...”

“Yeah..” Lampert said to himself before continuing to eat his food.

(Sorry for the recent short chapters)