Apple fritters(Partybeetle)

Request by: ArtypawsStudio

Poob was checking through his list for an upcoming party tonight. He was shaking from excitement and nervousness. Will the guest like it? Will this be perfect? Poob scanned through the checklist one last time.

Decorations? Completed.

Activities? Done.

Games? All set up.

Presents for the guest? Check.

There was only one last thing that Poob hasn't prepared yet. It was the food. The mini cupcakes and the cake. Poob started to frown. There was a reason he left the baking for last. It was because he didn't really know how to. He always had a problem with it, no matter how hard he tried. He always needed some help with it. But who should he ask? Everyone was busy recently and Poob didn't really want to interrupt them in whatever they were doing at that point of time. But he just HAD to. He obviously couldn't buy it since he thought that was a sign of not showing care to the party he was preparing. Plus, the bakery was really busy and it couldn't be bought in time. There was really only one person he wanted to ask to help him in baking right now...

Pest.

Sure, he might not know how to bake, but it was a chance to get closer with him and bond with him. Maybe even...confess? Poob hesitated before taking out his ifone. His hands hovered over the keyboard. Should I really do this?... Well, of course I should..! I need someone to help me anyway. With that, he started to text Pest.

Poob: Hey pest!

Pest: ?

That's odd. He replied so fast!

Poob: can you please help me make cupcakes and a cake for my party?

Pest: no.

Poob: why not?

Pest: I'm busy.

Poob: r u sure? You replied quite fast!

Pest: Whatever. I don't want to bake.

Poob: Please!! I'll give you 5 bucks

Pest: no.

Poob sighed. He had to convince him somehow. He needs to. Maybe complimenting Pest will work! Yeah! He stopped to think about something Pest was good at baking. One time, he tried Pest's apple fritters and it tasted delicious. Maybe he should use that.

Poob: you make incredible apple fritters! you can maybe make those instead of the cupcakes? I'm sure my guests will love it! And it'll be all thanks to you

Pest: it's still a no.

Poob frowned at this. It was almost impossible to make him do anything. He was about to give up and placed his ifone down, till a buzz came from it.

Pest: on second thoughts, fine. I'm coming to your apartment right now, if it's where you're at. See you, I guess.

Poob: REALLY? THANK YOU!! I'LL PREPARE THE STUFF

Poob was close to squealing as he sprinted to the kitchen and started to prepare the ingredients. He rummaged through the cabinets and fridge. He laid it out on the counter and waited for Pest to knock. Poob was also constantly checking his ifone for texts from Pest to see if there was anything. Poob was starting to get impatient, tapping his feet on the floor. He crossed his arms and looked around in the kitchen, trying to pass some time.

Knock knock.

Poob jumped. PEST! He ran as quickly as his feet could carry him to the door and opened it. It was Pest, just as expected. Pest was in his usual fit and he entered the apartment.