Royalty Break In(wallmark)

(if u guys saw the end of an era chapter I changed my mind anyway requests are back open so yay)

Wallter sat at the window, gazing over the children playing at the fields. His fingered glazed against the cup before grabbing it and placing it close to his lips. Slurping on the tea, he continued to get lost in his thoughts. Now that he thought about it, he hasn’t had real human interactions for the last six years. He never really had friends, all because his father wanted to keep him ‘safe’. Apparently, he was ‘too good’ for the other kids. That’s what his mother would always say to make him feel better. His feet had never come in contact with flowers on fields before. When was the last time he even felt like a real kid? He never had a proper childhood. All he did during those times was get himself worked up over his father’s expectations of him as a royal child. Oh, you’re supposed to do this, you’re supposed to do that. Wallter never asked to be part of the royal family, really. His father also wanted his reputation to be as positive as possible, and it always worked. The kids from the town always looked up to him. They always wanted him to be his father, while not knowing what Wallter had to go through because of him. He’s really selfish. His mind is always filled with greed and pride. When Wallter was young, he kept force feeding him cement without his mother knowing…Just because Wallter was not up to ‘standards’-

A deafening clash could be heard downstairs. Wallter snapped his head to look at his bedroom door. Muffled shouts and calls could be heard, causing Wallter’s suspicion to arouse. His mother and father were away on a trip, so he has full authorisation for the meantime. Wallter glanced at his teacup before placing it back on his stand. He got up and walked outside. Holding onto the railing, he leaned forward to see what was happening. The calls and shouts got clearer, and Wallter could almost comprehend what they were saying. Getting worried, he walked down the spiral staircase. He was cut off by his guards holding someone in their arms.

“Sir, we caught this buffoon trying to break into the castle.” The guard stated. Wallter gave the person a glare before looking back at the guard.

“Show me this ‘buffoon’. He’s wearing a mask. Remove it.” Wallter commanded. The guard nodded before following his command. He forcefully removed the mask, revealing the face of one of the town keepers, Mark. Wallter’s face softened after seeing Mark. He’s seen him hanging around the area all the time, talking with one of his friends while they were taking care of their kids. Wallter was listening to their conversation the whole time, and that’s how he knew that Mark was one of the important people of the town. But why break into the castle? Wallter glanced to the side in hesitation before asking him the question that lingered in his mind.

“Why break in here, Mark?” Wallter said as he folded his arms. Mark looked up at him in surprise.

“How’d ya know m’ name?”

“...Don’t try to change the subject.” Wallter tried to avoid the topic, not wanting to reveal that he’s been eavesdropping. Wallter could see the fear in Mark’s eyes. He was stuttering and murmuring stuff under his breath, to which Wallter could not comprehend.

“Sir, would you like to bring him to the cellar?” The guard asked. Mark started to struggle after hearing what he said. Wallter took a moment to think.

“No need for that, release him here. I’ll talk to him for a while. Go back to your duties, and make sure no one tries to do that again.” Wallter said, before gesturing them to get lost. Once they did, Wallter looked down at Mark, to which Mark gave an awkward smile. Wallter almost smiled at that. Almost.

“So, Mark. As one of the town keepers, a vastly important role in the community; building everybody’s homes [pretend that Mark is actually good at building], why try to barge into my chambers?” Wallter remained in composure. Mark, still kneeling before him, remained silent. Wallter heaved a sigh. He kneeled down to get eye level with Mark. Mark got even more fearful with Wallter’s action, so he bowed.

“Please forgive me, Prince. I was just trying to find food in the kitchen. My crops are just not growing fast enough. No one wants to give me them, and I don’t have enough money to buy them. I didn’t mean to upset you or anything like that.” Mark said before raising his head back up. Wallter gave him a sympathetic look.

“You know, you could’ve asked the front guards to let you see me for that. I’m glad to help you any way possible. You still did not have to break into the castle, really.”

“I’m sorry, I’m just really scared to talk to the guards. They look so intimidating…” Mark muttered. Wallter got up to his feet. He started to walk towards the nearest kitchen. He looked through the cabinets and fridge in search of tomatoes, carrots and whatnot. Mark followed along as well, so now he was fiddling with his hands.

“Mark, what things do you need?” Wallter asked as he continued to rummage through the cabinets.

“Uhm, I need tomatoes, Lettuce, onions, garlic, and carrots. That’s about it. I have a…company reunion tonight, ya know? So I need to prepare them quickly.” Mark yapped. Wallter nodded.

“Interesting. No wonder you broke in at 10 a.m. for food. May I ask, who are you meeting?”

“Oh uh, I’m meeting my co workers, my boss, the CEO and other people I can’t bother to remember. The CEO assigned me to make the dinner. It’s really a big task, so I’m pretty bothered and stressed by it. That’s why I haven’t been interacting with other people recently.”  Mark replied. Wallter took a basket from somewhere.

“I see. I now know the reason why I haven’t seen you around. Well, I wish you goodluck with that, Mark. See you around sooner.” Wallter gave the basket full of the things that Mark needed and plastered a warm smile on his face. Mark’s lips curved into an excited and gleeful smile.

“Thank ya kindly, Prince!” Mark exclaimed in joy. Wallter let out a chuckle.

“I’m happy to help.” Wallter said before bowing, to which Mark bowed back.

“You’re much appreciated, my Prince! You’re much kinder than your father, for sure. If it was him, he would’ve executed me!” Mark added, making Wallter’s heart melt with sweetness from the compliment. He always wanted to be better than his father, and that really made him feel better about himself.

“Thank you. Now, you should get going before the town questions where you are.” Wallter said, leading him to the exit. Yet again, Mark bowed really low, almost making his hat fall, before going back to his home. Wallter watched him grow distant before turning back. Wallter dashed to his room, slammed it shut and hopped into his bed, clutching the sheets. He closed his eyes shut as he grabbed a nearby pillow and started to squeeze it as hard as he could.

“That was the first time I actually talked to a person, oh gosh.” Wallter thought as he used the pillow to cover up his face. Squealing in it, Wallter started to kick his feet unconsciously. The first interaction he had with someone went surprisingly well. He was really…happy. Joyous, in fact. He was panting from all the energy he used up to think. Mark was fun to talk to. He wished to do it more often.

“I hope he comes over more…”