Party's jealousy [partybeetle]

“Hallo! I hope u hav a gr8 day at mai parti today!” Poob said as he let yet another guest into his apartment. Poob wiped the beads of perspiration from his forehead. Handling this big of a party was very tough. The whole town was invited for this special event! But what is the event? Well, it was Split’s birthday that day! Poob was planning to throw her the best party she’s ever gotten in her life because of everything she’s done to help him. And as good as a friend could possibly be, Poob decided to host this event just for her. Poob heaved a sigh. He turned around to look at Split, who was currently sitting on a bean bag, with Bive sitting next to her. Poob snickered to himself. He wanted to host their marriage as well. Poob was giggling at his own joke in his head, until a fierce and violent knock boomed through the apartment. Poob sprung back, taken aback. He glanced at his guests and gave them a reassuring smile before hesitatingly reaching out for the door handle. With shaky hands, he turned the door knob, and what greeted him was none other than Pest. His ruby red eyes stared at his soul and he shot him a I-didn’t-want-to-be-here-but-came-here-anyway glare. Poob let out a nervous and awkward chuckle. Poob scratched the back of his neck before stepping aside so Pest could enter. Pest barged in, and Poob’s and his shoulders brushed against each other. Poob rubbed it as he closed the door. From what used to be a chattery and cheerful atmosphere drained to a deafening quiet and awkward one. Not one whisper or remark could be heard. Pest’s eyes darted around the area before choosing to stand at the corner and observing everyone… Weird…

“Okay guys, let’s get our groove on and start PARTYING!!1!” Partynoob exclaimed, hoping to gain everyone’s excitement and entertainment back, and it thankfully worked. Everyone’s smiles were back and brighter than ever. Poob really enjoyed seeing those smiles. It really made him truly gleeful as well…

Pest folded his arms as he continued holding a can of sweet drink. His eyes narrowed and his eyebrows furrowed. Why was he even here? He clearly didn’t like the loud noises that this so- called ‘entertainment’ produced. It wasn’t even good… Pest scoffed as he clenched his fists. He’s always had this grudge against Poob, and it lasted forever. Now observing him, he was gaining knowledge and facts about Poob, other than knowing that he was noisy and stupid. Pest never bothered to gather any data about him, but now with nothing to do, he just wanted to do so. Poob really knew how to catch people’s attention, and he always stood out from the crowd. His bright smile was never not there. Pest’s lips formed into a prim line. He was clearly upset about something about Poob. But what was it? He wasn’t bothering Pest, so what could it be? Maybe it was because of that? Was it because Poob wasn’t giving him any attention now that he’s captured everyone else’s? These absurd thoughts thundered in his mind, until he was cut off by some lady coming up to him.

“Hey, you’re bored too?” she asked as she raised the drink in her hand. Pest looked her up and down before rolling his eyes.

“I guess.” Pest bluntly stated.

“Nice meeting you here. Are you Pest?” she asked. Pest turned his gaze back to her as his eyes widened with surprise. How did she know? Almost as if she could read his mind, she answered, “Poob always yaps to me about you.” Upon hearing that, a faint pink blush crept onto his face, clearly embarrassed. The lady let out a light chuckle. They continued to have a nice conversation, balancing the calm and energetic…

*******************************

Poob clenched his fists as he glared at the both of them. His smile was already long gone. There was a jealous glint in his eyes. Poob was slightly baring his teeth as the can in his hands started to crunch and crumble in his fury. Engulfed with fury, his thoughts swarmed his mind like angry bees. “Why is he talking to her and not me?” “What’s so good about her that I don’t have?” “I can treat him better than that if I want to!” Poob crossed his arms, clearly furious [listening to from the start while writing this omg!!] Was Pest looking for a lover or something? In HIS apartment? Poob really wanted to slap him awake, because he was right there! Right in front of him the whole time! Poob could be like her if he wanted to, he could do anything to suit Pest’s liking. Heck, he could even turn into a girl just to get Pest to like him back!! What was he missing…

Close to shedding tears of betrayal and jealousy, Poob’s feet pounded a furious rhythm on the ground as he stormed off angrily to his room. The slam of his bedroom door reverberated through Pest’s mind.

“What’s wrong?” The lady asked. Pest looked at the entrance of Poob’s room. Pest shoved her aside lightly before sprinting towards his door.

Knock Knock.

Pest’s knocks could show how he was feeling. He was feeling a sense of urgency, wanting to know what was going on. The party music had stopped, and everyone had turned to look at Pest, back to the awkward and silent atmosphere when Pest entered the apartment. Pest knocked once again, this time it was softer and more calm. The door grew ajar slightly with a click, and Pest entered the room.

Shutting the door behind him, Pest looked at a sad and depressed Poob, sitting at the edge of his bed. Pest walked over to him and sat next to him. Poob hugged a stuffed toy tightly.

“What’s up?” Pest tried to control his voice to try and sound comforting. Pest could see that Poob was trying to avoid his gaze.

“I’m not telling you.” Poob said as his grip tightened. Pest looked away and sighed.

“Are you jealous?” Pest asked genuinely. Poob’s eyes met his before breaking the eye contact. He couldn’t stop the tide of tears welling up in his eyes. He nodded slowly. Pest turned away again and scoffed. Treating this as a bad sign, Poob shifted away from Pest.

“You know, you don’t have to feel like that… There are others who can treat you better, you know?” Pest was trying so hard not to throw insults straight at Poob’s face. He didn’t feel bad, not one bit, but he did understand… Poob sniffled.

“But I want YOU to treat me better…” Poob stated. Pest was inundated with shock. Although not speaking up at first, he eventually decided to continue the conversation.

“Okay, I’ll do that, but only if you stop crying, okay?”

“...Okay…” Poob glanced at Pest before glancing away. Pest handed him a box of tissues that was found on Poob’s small desk. Poob sniffled once again and blew his nose. Pest got up and was ready to get out of the room, before being pulled back down onto the back by Poob.

“Can you not go yet? I don’t wanna go out looking like this…” Poob let go of Pest’s arms. Pest had no choice but to nod.

This is so troublesome…