No regrets. (part 4 of be mean to me)

Pest took out his ifone for the 236 time that hour. He was showing great amounts of concern for Poob at that moment. After whatever happened in spud camp, Pest always wanted to make sure if Poob was still alright. The reason why he kept checking on his phone was because of the worry he was facing. Yes, it was abnormal for him to feel these kinds of really strong emotions, but Pest decided to accept it and let it be… what REALLY mattered was Poob's mental stability. He was hoping that Poob will open up to Pest again. Just maybe one past time… After reflecting on his life decisions, Pest really wanted to make things right, so what he did was that he did some research on how to be a better person…for Poob, at least. He took the time to get to know himself better, get to do hobbies, get to…TRY to get himself together again. Pest took out his ifone. Again. He was hesitating on texting Poob to make sure he was alright, but sadly, he didn't feel like it was going to help Poob. It felt like it was going to make things even worse… Pest's fingers linger over his screen, wanting to type something out, but couldn't manage to do it…

“How should I greet him…Should I greet him with a hi? A check up message? An apology?..” Pest was having these thoughts swarm his mind like angry bees. He didn't know what to do, but he had to make it better somehow.

Just go for it…

“Poob, are you doing okay?” Pest hit the send button after much processing. Almost immediately, Poob read the message. And he was typing. Pest was getting butterflies in his stomach. Pest got up from his seat from the anticipation.

Then, poob stopped typing.

Pest waited for a while, but Poob never did reply to his message, so Pest was being left on read. Upset, Pest threw his phone to another side of the couch he was on. He folded his arms and he started to frown.

“That jackass..” Pest scoffed. But then he realised what he just said.

“Darn it, I shouldn't be saying this. I'M the jackass!...” Pest got up and took his ifone up again. He wanted to somehow ‘convince’ Poob to start talking to him again… It may not work but, it still was a shot.

“Do you maybe want to come over to my place? I'm gonna bake you some cookies if you want..” Yet again, Poob read it.

“...will we be able to watch unikitty..?” Poob surprisingly replied. Pest jumped up.

“Yeah of course.” Pest hoped that Poob read it in an enthusiastic way other than a sarcastic way…

“Okay I'm heading over, but don't forget that I'm still mad at you.”

…….

There was a knock on the door. Pest jolted up from his seat and unlocked the door, and what greeted him was Poob. With a stern look, he barged into the apartment, clashing shoulders with Pest as he did so. Pest grunted. He shut the door behind him.

“Where is my show?” Poob asked with a stern tone. Pest took the remote from the table and turned it on. As the screen flashed with mass explosions and unicorns and rainbows, Pest took out a pre-made jar of cookies from a cabinet and handed it over to Poob. Poob looked Pest up and down before snatching the jar from his hands. Pest heaved a sigh and slid next to Poob.

Poob munched on the cookies angrily. Pest found it a bit amusing , but didn't mind it. He really didn't want to get epilepsy, so he didn't watch the tv screen. It was so bright and colourful… if only Poob returned to being like that…

“So, what's the reason you wanted to invite me over? It can't be without reason. If it's an apology, I don't wanna hear it.” Poob said as his eyes continued to be glued to the screen. Pest growled and cursed under his breath in Japanese. There goes his only reason…

Suddenly, he remembered one of the points of becoming a better person.

“Always heed to your actions.”

Poob always wanted Pest's attention, and Pest said he'll give it to him, so he decided to try that. Pest noticed that the temperature was below average. So in order to give care to Poob, Pest scavenged for a blanket…

“Uh you must be cold… Here.” Pest placed the blanket to cover Poob, to which he grunted as a reaction. Pest can see a tint of blush spreading across Poob's cheeks, so it was working!! Pest scooted closer to Poob's side. Although he wanted his personal space as well, he was sacrificing it for the sake of Poob. He used one of his hands to wrap around Poob, which caused him to flinch a little, but did not protest one bit. Pest decided to relax his muscles a bit…and it felt nice…

“...What r U doing?” Poob's pupil were dilated.

“Uh…Change of things…” Pest said as he avoided eye contact and a dark shade of red started appearing on his face.

“...okay?..” Poob may not seem like it, but he was indeed starting to warm up to Pest again. Out of the blue, Poob used the blanket to cover Pest too. Pest looked at him in confusion and shock. Answering Pest's question in his mind, he said, “I suppose you're cold too…”

Pest's mouth curved into a small smile. They started to snuggle on the couch. After a while, Pest could feel a weight on his shoulder. He turned to see that it was Poob's head resting on his shoulder, sleeping. Pest blinked slowly with shock. He was stiff for a while, but eventually his heart melted.

……..

“Gruhhh….” Poob got up from where he was sleeping. He jumped when he realized that he was sleeping on top of Pest the entire night. He started to freak out for a while. Poob got off of Pest and sat down on the floor.

“OMG what happened??” Poob muttered, questioning whatever happened.

“Well, you fell asleep and after that I did too.” Poob snapped his head behind, to see that Pest had been awake the entire time. Poob started to sweat.

“Uhhh I'm sorry…”

“.. don't be.” Pest said as he sat up. Poob climbed up the couch and sat beside Pest too.

“Urm…So like…I have a question.”

“Hm?”

“Why did you invite me. You never said.” Poob looked at Pest dead in the eye. Pest was into deep thought before staring back at Poob.

“..to do this.” Before Poob could even process what happened, Pest gently laid his lips on his. It was really just a mere peck on the lips, but it felt as if that lasted for eternity… and Poob really wished it did last for that long…

“HSHDHFJEJEKSNSNSNX” Poob started to heat up. Pest let out a soft chuckle.

“No regrets.” Pest murmured.