CHAPTER 47! and cherry wanted to rip that thought from his mind

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘.

they didn't have enough time to lead the ophiotaurus through the water if they were going to enter the garden by sunset.

if they missed it, the olympian council would be over. artemis wouldn't be freed, and annabeth would die.

since the ophiotaurus could appear in different bodies of water, grover decides he would coax him back to long island, where chiron would help get him to olympus.

cherry knew grover despised water, but grover was the only person who could speak to him. as a form of prayer, percy dropped the golden lion skin into the bay.

after that, the remainder of the group decided they needed a car.

thalia suggested borrowing one, and cherry was quickly against it. she didn't want to make cherry uncomfortable, she would've rather walked all the way there.

thalia rifles through her backpack, and located the address of annabeth's dad, who lived in san francisco.

cherry was expecting professor chase to be the worst man in the world, but he seemed to be a little bit of a nerd. he assumed they'd been delivering him some model airplanes, but when percy brought up annabeth, he became serious.

the home was messy and exuded joy. cherry introduced herself to annabeth's dad and stepmom. mrs. chase seemed concerned about her daughter's disappearance, instead of angry.