CHAPTER 59! she had jealousy problems she refused to acknowledge

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌

it was enermous. it looked like a mechanic's garage, with several hydraulic lifts. some had cars on them, but others had stranger things.

a bronze hippalektryon with its horse head off and a bunch of wires hanging out its rooster tail. a metal lion that seemed to be hooked up to a battery charger, and a greek war chariot made entirely of flames.

smaller projects cluttered a dozen worktables. tools hung along the walls. each had its own outline on a peg-board, but nothing seemed to be in the right place. the hammer was over the screwdriver place. the staple gun was where the hacksaw was supposed to go.

under the nearest hydraulic lift, which was holding a '98 toyota corolla, a pair of legs stuck out. the lower half of a huge man in grubby gray pants and shoes even bigger than tyson's. one leg was in a metal brace.

the spider scuttled straight under the car, and the sounds of banging stopped.

"well, well," a deep voice boomed from under the corolla. "what have we here?"

the mechanic pushed out on a back trolley and sat up. he wore a jumpsuit smeared with oil and grime. hephaestus was embroidered over the chest pocket.