One-Shot : Ramadan Experience

"And that's how you find the value of x with O being the origin of the circle," Papa Zola said, explaining a subtopic from their Mathematics textbook. Some students seemingly start to doze off already due to the boredom that's killing them or due to the hunger and thirst that's clinging to them. Papa Zola can't blame them. It is Ramadan, after all.

"Kring!!!"

Finally, the bell of freedom and liberty rung. The students who were trying their best to stay awake immediately straightened themselves and started to pack their things. Our Kokotaim gang also followed suit.

"Class, stand up! Thank you, Mr. Papa!," Yaya said, being the class monitor that is indeed her job. Her class echoed her thanks, thanking Mr. Papa for his lessons before going their separate ways. It's already 2 o'clock in the afternoon by now.

"Man, I'm completely wiped out!" Gopal whined, stretching his hands before resting them behind his head. Ying just gave her friend an unimpressed look.

"Are you even serious right now? Boboiboy and Yaya are the ones who's fasting here. If anyone deserves to be tired after school now, it's obviously them," Ying chided her friend.

"Nah, it's fine," Boboiboy waved his hand dismissively at the Chinese girl. "Yaya and I both have grown accustomed to this. It's not really a big deal," Boboiboy explained.

Yaya hummed. "We are still feeling a little tired, but that's normal. We've been doing this since we were kids, and our body has been used to this," Yaya elaborated. Fang seemed deep in thoughts.

"What's fasting really like actually? No offence, I don't really understand the whole human religious thing just yet," Fang asked, quite out of his character. It's normal for him to be like this with his closest ones.

"When Muslims fast, we're not allowed to eat and drink starting from Subuh until Maghrib, or pre-sunrise until sunset," Boboiboy tried to explain as easy as possible.

"Even after being friends with both of you so long, I still don't understand how the two of you manage to do it. Especially when we're doing TAPOPS missions. I'm not fasting, but I'm always hungry after mission," Gopal complained, which caused Fang to groan.

"That's because all you think about is food," Fang reprimanded him. Boboiboy and the others agreed with Fang, causing the Indian boy to sulk a bit.

"In Ramadan, aside from fasting, Muslims will also do a lot more good deeds than usual because at this month, the reward for each good deed gets multiplied by 70," Yaya told her non-Muslims friends more interesting facts about Ramadan.

"Usually, Muslims will pray more, read Al-Quran and try to finish it before the end of Ramadan, and pray Tarawih after our Isya' prayer," Boboiboy continued while leading the group as they're currently walking to his grandfather's Kokotiam.

"Sounds really tiring," Gopal commented, but Boboiboy just shrugged it off.

"Tiring, but worth it!" Boboiboy rebutted back. Silence enveloped them afterwards as they're all quite busy thinking about Ramadan and the facts told by their two Muslim friends.

"I know! Maybe we can all try to fast tomorrow!" Ying exclaimed loudly, causing her friends to look at her while considering her suggestion. Fasting? Them? "Non-Muslims can fast too, right?" Ying asked her best friend.

"I mean, sure. You're free to try it out," Yaya nodded her head. Boboiboy meanwhile scratched his head while looking at them.

"Do you guys think you'll be okay? You really don't have to do it," Boboiboy asked, worried about his friends because he knew from experience. First Ramadan is always the hardest.