Start from the Beginning

I sighed as I lulled out of bed and picked up my ringing phone. "Hello?" I said putting the phone on speaker.

"Hi, is this Dalila?" I heard a slightly amoyying female voice say.

"Its Lila, and yes?" I said to the woman.

"Okay. Well I've been told you're a horse trainer, and I'm at a loss. I've tried everyone, and I have a horse that I need desperately trained."

"Yes I am a trained, what do you mainly want to horse in for, and I'll need more detail, like age, height, breed, etcetera and I'll need to you sign papers and stuff." I said to the lady.

"Okay, that's fine. Can I stop by today?" I sighed.

"Yes, I own Sunny Side Ranch. You can stop by around 7 we can square it away,"

She letnout a relived sigh "Okay sounds great see you then." She squeaked hanging up.

Really Sunny Side was my grandparents, but my grandma had passed and my grandpa said it might aswell be mine since he was getting to old to work anymore anyway, he usually stays inside now anyways so I've converted the ranch to my traing facility.

I let out another big sigh, and leaned over and rubbed Haze on the neck, Haze is my big black German Shepered, I got him when I moved out with my grandpa, he doesn't believe in 'security systems' and I'm filled with paranoia so we got a gaurd dog, turned out great Haze doesn't like anyone.

Haze's head perked up "Wanna go outside buddy" he jumped up and wiggled around, I got out of bed and got dresses real quickly, I put on some simple boot cut jeans, a fitted tank top, and my boots and a hat.

I fed Haze and let him out.

I braided my hair and ate a bagel.

Around nine thirty, I made sure I had all the patter work necessary for the lady and her horse, and by 10, she was here.

I walked out of the barn when I heard a car put up, my eyes widened in surprise when I saw she had the horse with her. She parked, and I walked over to the drivers side while she slid out of the truck.

"Hey, I'm Lila Hutson. Umm, I wasn't aware that you'd be bringing the horse in today?" I said, putting out my hand

She took my hand and shook it.

"I'm sorry, it took me 20 minutes just to get him him the trailer and I don't even want to know how long to catch him, I can pay extra, or anything I just need him fixed A.S.A.P" he breathed out with a pleaing look in her eye.

I felt bad, she was clearly having some issues and needed help with the horse, I couldn't say 'no'.

"It's ok really and no need to pay extra, I have an open pen anyway." I said, giving her a sympathetic smile. "I'll take care of him, why don't we get him situated and then we can see about that paperwork." The lady immediately lit up.

We walked around to the bad of the trailer and what I saw was horrible, it was a tall blue roan, stallion-Shit he wasn't gelded-his eyes where so wide you could see the whites and he had pulled on the halter as hard as he could. It was leaving rubbed marks on his cheeks.

I gasped at the sight when she opened the trailer. He immediately tried to lounge out at us but got ripped around but the halter. The chain halter. All chain, not a stud chain or a show chain, it looks like someone cut the mode band off and just replaced it with bulcky chain.

"W-why does he have a chain halter?" I asked the lady, who just shrugged it off."He can't behave, so that was what my husband made to make him listen." She said, not bothered at all.

****

We got the horse put away, and paper squared away. I got the lady's number and picture to put in his file, aperently he was a Missouri Fox Trotter/Shire, he's 16.1hh which explains the hieght thing in the trailer, and he's only 6, they got him from a backyard breeder, he was frisky and scared since they got him and it hasn't gotten better since, they've had him for 5 weeks with 7 different trainers, two of the trainers had him for a day and brought him back.

He was bred for jumping, I guess, which the height would be great. But the lady wanted to get him Barrel trained.

Barrels.

After the 'incident', I just stayed riding 4 months ago, I've been doing good on the usual client horse, but I haven't run barrels in a year.

I've been taking project horses for three years since I was 16, so training and working with Green Broke horses was nothing, but Barrels Racing was something I didn't want to go back to. I mean, I did, but I couldn't stomach the thought of that happening again it just made me sick.

-just ignore it, Lila

I sighed and watched the lady-Korey- drive out the gate, I turned to look at her stallion - Bullet.

I liked the name Bullet, but He was gonna be a hard horse.

I worked with a client horse Clover, she's a Chestnut Sabino, she's 11 years only but only green broke, really all she needs now is some confidence, she's gonna be a trail horse for the Dude Ranch down the road, I trained most there horses in exchange free passes.

I finished up with clover bathed her them fed and played with Haze some, I fed Haze made diner for me and my grandpa and then played uno with my grandpa, then i showered and layed down watching Princess Frog.

-yes I have the watchist of a 5 year old-

I heard a knock at the window, and I jumped up, Haze growled at the figure out of the window but started wagging his tail when he saw who it was.

'Ugh,' I let out a big sigh and got out of bed and opened the window, "Hey Lila!" I heard my best friend yell, causing me to laugh a little, he crawled in the window watching his feet making sure he didn't fall off the roof, I my was ok the second story, but he always goes around the back to grab my grandpa's latter and climds up the first story room onto my window, "What are you doing Karter?" He smiled, kicking his shoes off and plopping onto my bed, "Nothing much, Lila-Loo. " I glared at him for the nickname,

Karter has been my best friend forever, along with our other best friend Kiara. She's a couple of months older than me and Karters two months older than me.

Karter, and I met at a 4-H camp when we where 7 and I found out he went to my school too, I didn't pay much attention to the boys so I didn't know most of them. We buddied up immediately, and in 5th grade, Kiara moved here, and we kinda took her in.

"Okay, why are you here?" I sighed, sitting on the bed next to him, "Ok, fine, just wanted to talk about the new horse..." He sounded a little on edge."What about him? "

He breathed a laugh but it faded our sad "After you left the barn for the day a little earlier when the vet came by he did a small examination, and we had to run him friend for 29 minutes and rope his to catch him and once we hade him caught he was so scared and we eventually just sedated him, and the vet had to stay late just for it and eventually he chilled with the sedation, and he's only 5 not 7, and I honestly don't think you should work with him" he had an edge in his voice.

I let out a big sigh.

"I could tell letting him out of the trailer. He's been through a lot, Karter. The kadt took him to a bunch if other trainer and no ones could work withh him and like two of them had him for a day and brought him back refusing to work with him, that horse has seen things. He's just scared, I can fix him. Don't worry." I knew he would worry, but I still wanted to measure him.

He stayed and talked for about an hour, but finally left, and I fell asleep with Haze curled up next to me.

☆☆☆

FIRST CHAPTER WHAT DO YALL THINK?

SEMI EDITED!

I WILL GO BACK AND EDIT THIS BUT NOT RN.