White Hairs

I've been looking things uo for days trying to find out were that brand came from.

I refuse to call Bullets owners but I've been doing everything else I can.

The bay roan haven't been seen sence three days ago when me and Waylon went iut.

That night haunts me.

It's all to weird.

I know I've seen that brand somewhere else but I just don't know we're.

****

I decided to go for a walk with Willie to cool off.

Willie's been doing good he had a food strike but that was over eith soon, I think he had some withdrawal when my grandpa passed.

I brushed his good and braided his mane.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and we went out.

We stoped at the meadows and I sat down on a stump.

"Were have I seen that before." Willie gently pushed my shoulder.

"What do you know Willie?" I ask sarcasticly.

I stand back up and tie him to a tree on the side of the dirt road.

I stand behing him and start braiding his tail.

Right as I'm done trying the hair tie as I walk away a notice soemthing next to his tail.

It's a white marking next tk his tail.

I've been trying to have a relaxing day, coming out wrr with Willie braiding his tail loving on him ext, and this this just ruined it all.

Or made it better.

I gasp in shock as I see the same curved E on his butt as on Bullet and the mare.

I never noticed seeing as were my grandpa got Willie wasn't a huge topic growing up, and Willie was a light palamino his hair seemed to shift depending on season and with his age he's been graying fast and probably have seen it before but never payed it much attention.

Becasue then it didn't matter.

But mow it, did.

I can figure out were Bulet came from if I can find out were Willie came from and maybe that mare belong to the breeders and just got out and we could catch her and bring her back home!

My mind was racing with possibilities.

I was extatic.

I quickly walked home, I didn't get on Willie seeing as he's retired and I don't think a ride would be best for his arthritis.

So I walked as fast back home as safety would allow us.

One we got there Willie went back out to his pen and I rushed inside.

"WAYLON!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

He came running down rhe hallway frantic "what what's wrong are you okay?"

I laughed at his confused expression.

"I did it I know wre I saw the brand from!" I screamed jumping up and down.

"No way were!" He said back equally exided.

"Willie. My grandpa's hodge he has it! If we can find out were Willie came from we can find out were Bullet came from and possibly return that mare back to her owner!" I said all in one breath breather heavy.

Waylon rushed to me again and picked me up spinn I ng me in a circle.

I squealed.

We celebrated the rest of the night with booze and movies.

****

My head hurts when I wake up but nothing a few ibuprofen can't fix.

I take two and get dresses and head outside.

I freeze immediately when i see a tall dark bay roan with a swirly snip reacher her head over Bulelrs fencing.

We're the house is you cans ee the front stalls and the barn.

Bullet was in a from stall for now and I was stunned to see his nose to nose with the mare.

He's a stallion, it's normal to be a little head over heals about mares but jeeze he's cra,y.

He flinched make and runs to the other site and trotts back his tail and head held high

I want to move closer but I don't want to scare her away.

The mare fianlly turns to me, I'm stunned when she takes three steps to ms.

I want to run incase she's violent but I don't.

"Wow." I whisper to myself.

She pickers her eyes up.

I watch her intently and she matches my shallow breathing.

She fianlly get 10 feet infrok of me when she abruptly stops and rears up.

I can see a big scar under her two front legs to her mid stomach.

She kickers her front legs and bounces down.

She flares her nostrils.

And stares at ms

I don't know what possessed me to do it but I step closer.

I slowly reach out and graze my hand on her nose.

She pulls her head up and spins fast leaving.

I'm left there shocked at what just happened.

I leave it be. I can't focus on that to much I have more important things.

I walk myself to the small office in the barn, and open the big file cabinet.

This is were I keep all the horses files.

I find Willie's and it's just a regular paper, I know he has registrations but his are frames hanging on a wall by my grandpa's room.

I don't want thoughs.

I flip the paper over and in my grandpa's hand writings wrote "WestBoundWillie".

Under is his birth date, some other important information and then a number.

That's his breeders number.

I hesitate but pick up my phone and dial.

"Hello?" I head a older man's voice on the other end.

"Un hi." I say back not sure what to answer.

"Who is this." His voice sounds panicked almost.

"I'm Dalila Hutson, you sold my grandpa, a palamino cold a couple years back, and I was wondering if we could get incontact about another horse I have with the same brand?" I'm hesitant, I don't know what to say, I haven't done this before.

"I don't work with horses anymore, I don't want to talk." He sounds raspy and upset.

"Wait please it really important, I need to know I'm begging!"

I really was. I'm desperate.

The line hung up.

I felt tears stinging my eyes.

I was being dramatic but I was setting myself up for failure really, I was expecting a warm welcoming old lady that wanted yo know all about how old colt Willie.

But no a colt hearted old man instead.

I sigh and sit in the desk, the day just started and I'm already over with.