Night Out pt-2

We all ordered our food and began to eat.

I got Chicken Alfredo/My favorite thing in the entire world.

Kiki got spaghetti.

Damian got some fancy fish thing.

And Karter got a fancy burger.

Half way through our food Kiara summoned me to the bathroom with her.

"Omg my God." She whined once we got inside the bathroom. "there is something in that fucking spaghetti I swear girl!!" He let out a big sigh "I was gonna say something to Damian and just leave but he's having a great time, and I need an excuse!" I laughed at her conflicted face "Don't tease me Leah!" I kept it together this time. "Just tell him Patty, messaged you that one of the dogs went into labor?"

Kiara bred dogs, that and the bar where her main jobs.

She wasn't a prefetional, but she had a certificate, she did it only if the dog was vet cleared and in full health, and she was no backyard breeder. She's how I got Haze. I was looking for a guard dog, and he was his mom's first litter and she rejected him and his sister. She would snap and tear then away from the rest, really sad actually, his sister was to young and didn't make it but my and Kiara held the mother down and made sure he got fed, and when time to sell came I baught him from her. Safe to save his mother was not bred again. She was sold for a little girl who really wanted a German Shephered. She's loved, and thankfully spayed.

"That's a great idea, then Karter can drop us off at my house and I'll just tell him it was a false alarm!!" She said pulling herself off the counter, and pecking me on the cheek "Your a genius! Now leave I need to shit, that spaghetti cane from hell and its going right back there!" She said pushing me out if the bathroom.

I walked back to the booth, and sat down, both Damian wnd Karter staring me down like hawks.

"Look Damian, your girlfriend my best friend if you can't stop starting I'm gonna have to tell her" I said giving him a pointed look and turning to Karter "and you pretty boy I know I look great but try not to drool" I said pointing at him. But the boys went bright red, and Kiara finally came back.

"Hey babe, so Poppy, and Jane went into labor, Missy just texted me. Can we go, I'm so sorry?" He stood up immediately, "yea let's go, ill just call a Uber!" He said throughing 80 dollars on the table, and leaving out the front of the restaurant.

I laughed at Damian, watching him run into an Uber with Kiara.

He was head over heals with her Corgi Poppy and Kelpie Jane.

"Well, then there were two"

I sat up and moved to the opposite booth side so I could face Karter.

"Well, how was your Alfredo?" I at uo to look at him and melted thinking about how good my food was, God I would die for a meal like that every night!

"It was amazing, I would die for some more, you have no idea" I said sighing looking up at the ceiling lights.

"Probably not as good as mine" he said smugly leaning back in head booth.

"Debatable." I said flatly.

"Eh I beg to differ I mean have to tried my Chicken Alfredo?" He said crossing his arms. "I mean no but like no way it's better that what I had just.now like I swear the food came straight from Jesus." I swear nothing was better than that food!

"I should cook for you sometime" he looked right in the eyes with his piercing blue eyes.

You know once you got last his smug look was wasn't bad looking, by that I mean 'hot' but I won't give him that much credit.

"You should" I said really meaning I just want free food.

"Fine tomorrow, 8 , your house." He said.

We continued to talk for abiut 45 more minutes before paying amd leaving. Yes I stole the 80 dollars Damian threw down on the thing seeing as I am in need of cash and so happens I will make him pay me back for what I spent!!!

The ride home was quiet but peaceful.

"Hey wanna go to the back porch and have a drink?" I asked Karter opening the front door to be greated by the reason I breath aka Haze my child that I love more than myself.

"Sure" Karter said avoiding Haze - I don't think Haze particularly loves him.

"You know where the drinks are, I'll be right back." I said heading to my room Haze following me.

I trated my dress in for some black sweat pants, and a white tank top - my pajamas.

I headed to the back yard, to see Karter already settled in a chair. I pulled my chair  up next to him and sat down.

"So." I said with the aquward silence, Karter was never quiet, and he wasn't like this all night." I leaned his way, but he looked forward not saying a word. I could see small tears forming in his eyes. I stayed silent, till he pushed his phone in my lap.

I picked it up and read the messages on the screen.

~~~
KARTERS MOM: Honey, where are you?"

KARTER: Out at dinner with Leah, Kiara, and Damian. Why?

KARTERS MOM: Baby, your dad went to check on Jessie she had been in your old room and wasnt pretty quiet, and she was laying down, and wouldn't get up, something was off and so we rushed her to the vet. I tried to call but you didn't answer. She was gone by the time we got to the vet.

~~~

The conversation ended. He never answered.

Jessie, was his little blue tick beagle, she was 13 years old. Walking home from school one day he found her on the side of the road. He insisted to his parents he keep her and they gave up and let him. He kept her at home, instead of the worker cabins becsseu he couldn't stand the thought of her in a small cabin every day, she was crazy and loved to run, and she loved him more than anything. He would visit her atleast 4 days a week after work or just whenever he could.

I replayed all the memories of Jessie, me and Karter running around my grandpa's  farm, our houses, or the park, just running around like maniacs.

Jessie was the best.

I looked over to Karter and he had his face in his hands leaning over. I couldn't see, but I knew he was crying. Jessie was his first dog, and she meant the world to him.

I gently, pulled Karter out if him chair. "C'mon" I said, pulling him into a long hug, and lengthy pulling him into my room.

I opened my door, and sat Karter down on my bed. He lifted his head slipping his shoes off, and his jacket.

"Stay here, I have some of your high school clothes from when you used to stay over." He didn't have the best relationship with his father so whenever they fought, wich was often, he would seek in to my room, and when I moved her right when I turned 18, so did his new escape. Hence the clothes.

I pulled out a pair of old sweat pants, that used to be white but got turned pink in the was, and a black shirt.

I tossed them to him. And he went into the bathroom to change.

He came back in the room, with tears streaming down his face.

We crawled into bed, I held semi cradled him and just comforted him rubbing his back and putting on music.

We eventually fell asleep like that.

☆☆☆

This was sad but I just watched where the red fern grows one and two, then a dogs purpose and a dogs journey so I was already in the 'crying over dogs' mood.

Anyways on a lighter note, if yall have dogs. What kinds?

Not cats I love my two but they where raised my dogs and firmly believe they are dogs, but I strongly believe they and all other cats came straight from Satan.