Go Home

I smile as I'm getting on, Linc.

I decided that since Bullet did the parade and he's doing the later event, he can rest now and me and Linc can cover this.

Linc likes to run, and I can feel him anticipation, I put down his neck, and he lets out small winny.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of glad we got Linc back. He's a good horse, and maybe though people just weren't right for him.

Plus, Bullet seems to like him.

He lets out another higher pitched winny.

I laugh at his odd noise and wait till it's our turn.

I tune evythujg out as I make him walk donw the aile he wasn't thrilled abiut it.

We finally get to our point and I give him a bump with my boots and loosen my reins.

We make it around the first smoothly but i can tell the second won't be so amazing.

We turned late and made it too wide, that one was on me.

No biggie.

I don't sweat it and we turn the third smoothly as well.

I give him his head an his legs seem to stretch out farther as he runs home.

I smile as I'm getting off and kiss him om the nose.

He did amazing.

"You did so good buddy." I tellh I'm again.

We watch the rest of the time go by and the runs, till it's over.

I notice most people switch horses out.

But a couple stay.

I don't have an ick about it I just prefer to switch out just incase.

Lincon grunt as I take him saddle off and I brush down his sweaty back.

I laugh at his noise, and pull him into the stall next to Bullet-not the one with the cinjoining door.

I kiss him and grab out my boy.

Bullet seems happy and very goey per usual.

I kiss his nose and tie him cleaning over his body and feel and putting on his Blue tack from earlier.

I finishing tightening the cinches before getting in and sitting in the saddle.

We all huddle together and I watch the first girl go up, she's on a pretty palamino that has twbuno marking.

She trots her horse a little past the ce term of the arena and them back him uo to the middle.

She asks him for a smooth spin and he complies, u watch intently making sure I remember the pattern and she breaks out 6 the spin walking over to three sets of cones.

She trots between the first lopes to the second and turn him around backing up to the last and making a jog back, her jog seemed choppy though and uncoordinated.

I take note of that and watch her we've smoothly through 5 poles figure eight around two barrels and lopes back clearing a small half foot jump.

Other girls go till it's my turn.

Before I enter, I look to the stands to see Karter there watching me intently.

He smiles to me and puts his middle and index fingers down pointing the rest up lightly waving his hand-i love you in sign language.

I smile and do it back before troottingnto the middle, I make it clear and don't have to back up, I spin him quickly.

He almost stumbles but catches it.

We run to the cones, he needs to sniff it first and he does to quickly.

We trot lope and back step and he does good.

I ask for a jog and he does so.

I pat his neck and we we've the poles and figure eight the barrels before loping to the small jump and galloping home.

Everyone else finishes up, and I'm exhausted.

With everyone today, I just want to curl a ball and sleep.

We finally go out into the arena and lime up neatly the speaker shouts some nonsense and finally announces winners.

Me, a girl in a black horse, and girl on a stunning appaloosa all step up.

A elderly woman comes up and gives us ribbons, me in second, the apple in third and the girl on the back horse in first.

I'm happy with my placing.

I smile as small ribbons are given to the rest of the girls and awards are given out.

The first place girl gets a nice belt buckle a trophy and a couple hundred dollars.

Next I get a belt buckle-not as big thankfully the bigger the buckle the more it hurts when I digs into you-and a smaller trophy as well and 150 dollars.

And the last girl gets a trophy and 100 dollars.

I smile at the lady as she passes out a blue a white and red big rosette ribbons.

I took mine thanking the woman and we all said our good byes leaving the ring, one by one.

I got off of Bullet gripping his reins in my hair and turning around to see Karter and the dogs running my way.

I laughed and he opened his arms with both dog leashes in hand.

I jolted back as he slammed his body into mine with an engulfing hug, "I need to breath, Karter." I tell him with a giggle.

He lats go a we walk back to the trailer tying the horses. We untie the dogs and they both stay close thankfully.

We hose off the hroses and I ice there legs form the long day of work.

I make sure all the tacks put away neatly, I put hay bags in the trailer for them and make sure there tied before shutting the trailer locking the pin and getting in, I insisted and driving back.

Have way through the drive we switch iut and it's well past dark by the time we get home.

***

After parking and unhitching the trailer, we put the horses up and the food back.

I put the girls in there kennels, and put on thin, open leg, black sweats a d a sports bra.

Karters puts shorts on and straps his shirt, revailing his muscles underneath.

I'm exhausted.

I crawl into bed, warping up in the blanket, and I feel the bed dip as Karter does too.

"Good night." He says to me.

"Night." I say barley awake and all I remember is hi. wrapping his arms around my waist before falling asleep.

****

Here you go guys, sorry this one was so late, pls comment and vote❤️